oakley

Open file dialog in IOS

Good Morning,

this question is surely so trivial that I dont find anything on google, but I am trying myself on an IOS app with a pdf component in it.

I just want to load a pdf from the local file system and therefore I need to open file dialog in IOS.

But... how?

Best regards

Mirko

Sorry for the late reply. Today I got back to this project.

Thanks for pointing me to Kastri. So I downloaded it to get the DW.FileSelector.pas and DW.FileSelector.IOS.pas.

This works as inteded but I am wondering wether there is a chance to limit the selection to one file or get something like a normal file dialog without that selection feature.

Anyway... I can load a pdf now which is already perfect. Still got a problem when I want to save the modified pdf back to the public path where I loaded the original file from.

Rgds

Mirko

2 hours ago, oakley said:

I am wondering wether there is a chance to limit the selection to one file or get something like a normal file dialog without that selection feature.

Unfortunately on iOS the only picker that has a selection limit is PHPickerViewController, which applies to photos/videos.

I want to save the modified pdf back to the public path where I loaded the original file from.

Which path is it being selected from? I doubt that a write-back is possible.

Hi Dave,

I select the file from a folder that I created on my IPAD in the public folder structure. So its not coming from a cloud or alike.

At the end of the selection the file, when opening the file, it is copied to the applications sandbox tmp folder right?

I writing back to that public folder is not possible after having modified it?

How does Acrobat for example handle this?

Rgds

Mirko

5 hours ago, oakley said:

How does Acrobat for example handle this?

That's what I'm trying to find out. Is it able to write back to a file or folder that you (or another app) created?

Hi Dave,

have you seen that PDF Expert App on Ipad?

They somehow manage to access security scoped files and can also write back to them.

And also the pen interaction is a bit different.

It's not apple standard, meaning that, when you write something it becomes blurry using apples pdf pen framework (or what it's called) when zooming in.

I use the PDF UI component from TMSicl here, because I wanted something that gives me note taking capabilities.

PDF Expert always has a clear writing no matter how far you zoom in.

Rgds

Mirko

have you seen that PDF Expert App on Ipad?

No.

They somehow manage to access security scoped files and can also write back to them

I guess I'll need to research this further.