Blavatsky

Import / Export PIPE delimited text <> SQLite3 64Bit Database

Import / Export PIPE delimited text <> SQLite3 64Bit Database
Hi,
I am currently editing text to add into a greek-english pair SQLite3 DB.
Database ENTRY is laborious in my Unicode DB Dual Editor app.
OR if I have to go back and edit the base text file because of spelling mistakes etc that too can be time consuming with
subsequent DATA CONVERSIONS plural
The pipe delimited text file from Textpad8 then goes into MS ACCESS 2019 >>> DB5.mdb
then it does into >>> Database NET Pro 5 - Data MIGRATION NET 64 Bit TOOL>>> Uni_Dict.db3 SQLite3 database.
So, if I want to start adding entries for Ancient Greek to my 32 000 Greek-English Pairs database I have to first make the entries in a TEXT file delimited by pipes '|' or, do slow data entry into my Unicode DB Dual Editor app which also has a Database Manager for new records.
It would be quicker to import/export PIPE-delimited text into/from the database for editing and additions.

The only software I can see either does not support PIPE '|' delimiting or only supports other NON-SQLite db software.

YES, I AM TALKING ABOUT EXPORTING / IMPORTING entire DB.
Any help is appreciated
I have Delphi 11.1 , Win 10 Pro 64bit

Edited by Blavatsky

I really don't see the issue here. Pipe delimitation is not common; either search-replace with tabs and use any available database manager or write your own.

Use FireDAC, Zeos or any SQLite.dll wrapper directly to "connect" to your database. If you choose a component-based approach you can load the contents in some kind of TDataSet-descendant and you can manipulate records as your heart desires.

I don't really want to answer anything, I'm just making a remark that https://sqlitestudio.pl/ can import CSV files with a custom separator.

It's such a basic feature, if "Database NET Pro 5" can't do that, drop it.

I can't comment on the other issues related to slow data entry into a Unicode database, as it doesn't make much sense to me. 32,000 entries are not even that many.

• Like 1