Sign in to follow this  
Cristian Peța

Debug for Win64 - blue dots are shifted

Delphi 11.3

I have a project that when built for Debug Win64 the blue dots are where there should be but when I run with debugging the blue dots are shifted upwards and do not stop if I put a breakpoint.

For Win32 is working as expected.

All other projects I tried do not have this issue.

First image is before run, second is after run. The blue dots are how they should be but shifter upwards.

I tried to delete and recreate again dproj file. Same behavior.

I checked and endings are with CR-LF.

All units in the project are affected. The shift is more or less upwards somehow depending on the unit size.

Same units (files) used in other projects do not have this issue. Issue is linked somehow only to one project.

I appreciate any advice.

image.thumb.png.e3b580bbf4d7b4c24c8ea698c7ac4ab5.pngimage.thumb.png.df31c8a0c5e13e42aaec1b1b90ac0c43.png

I been having some issues with that myself.  Either try syntax check or a build all and check that all dcus or your timestamps are updated. On one project I found a library with a warning which when corrected made a big difference.       

1 hour ago, Cristian Peța said:

I tried to delete and recreate again dproj file. Same behavior.

I found that just closing and editing the project guid is easier but not always a fix. 

Edited by Pat Foley
add quote

Thank you. In this project I have included units from packages that for sure are not rebuilt for x64. Building the project works because I have included all the files from packages but there are old .dcu files from building the packages.

Will try tomorrow to rebuild all packages also for x64. Usually I'm doing this only for x32.

I need to debug for x64 because it behaves different from x32 and debugging with messages and so on is so painful and slow. 

Very good I put in seperate dcu64 path to be able to jump between 32 and 64 readily.

Probably something went wrong with first attempt to recreate dproj file.

I tried again to delete it and now debugging works for x64.

It's frickle. :classic_wacko: If you save before each compile you increase your history files... But sometimes saving modified source needs done! The odd thing is debugging is running catching errors in 64 release for me.  On a machine that hasn't been rebooted for four days. Side effect of .rsm file used on 64 side. Here I need to catch the exception surfaced to let the code run so undocumented or unknown to me feature.