JohnLM

Installing the wrong Delphi version on new tablet - RESOLVED

Hi, I just realized that I am installing the wrong Delphi version on a new tablet.  Embarcadero was quick to supply me a registration bump (from 2 to 3) and I was able to begin the installation of Delphi 12.., or so I thought.

However, I grabbed the wrong .iso file folder "RADStudio_11_2_10937a" and began installing it.  It should have been the "RADStudio_12_0_4915718.iso" file.  Being so used to the Rad Studio 11 logo, I over looked it--twice!  

I am currently at the "specify location" dialog. 

Is it too late for me to stop and cancel the install and restart but with the "RADStudio_12_0_4915718.iso" file?

Edited by JohnLM
updated subject title

49 minutes ago, JohnLM said:

I am currently at the "specify location" dialog. 

Is it too late for me to stop and cancel the install and restart but with the "RADStudio_12_0_4915718.iso" file?

If it hasn't already started copying files onto your disk drive, ie because you didn't tell it where to install to yet, then I think you're fine.

Okay. It was at the installing features dialog box.  at 5% for the 15 minutes probably. its so slow.  I don't know what it is doing.  This delphi 11 install for windows 10 that I started has a set of different install dialogs versus the one I installed for a win10 laptop back in Nov/2022.  It is currently at the 'Acquiring Debugging Tools for Windows.." 5% progress. 

I will cancel this.  It is taking too long and I have to get ready for work in an hour, as I work the night shift.

I will try to install the 12 now while I get ready for work. 

The worst that can happen is that it fails the registration.  I will have a hard time getting another bump for it this time. 

Okay, I cancelled it.  The install said: 

Install was successfully canceled. 

But the Rad Studio 11 dialog was still up and it had a blue [Get Started] button, or something Started. When I click it to test it, the Embarcardero registration dialog popped up asking for a serial, etc., and there is a Delphi 11 shortcut on my destkop. 

update.. 

It's too late, LoL.  It did install.  I just launched Rad Studio 11 and is up and running. 

I must admit, this was the fastest install of Delphi 11.2 Alexandria and without any glitches--even mobile (android components) installed, as far as I can tell.  It just works!

update.. 

I decided to image this setup in case I run into problems I can restore back to that condition. 

Now, I will attempt to install 12.

update.. 

re: registration

At the first, it showed me, "Existing License found" message

Then I select the (o) Use existing license option, and so far the installation is going smoothly. And I see a Delphi 12 shortcut icon on my desktop under Delphi 11 shortcut.

Success !!

I now have both Delphi 11 and 12 installed on my new Windows 10 tablet.  Both are up and running without conflicts or issues. 

Tablet Specs:  Chuwi Hi10 X 10.1 in, 128GB SSD 6GB RAM Windows 10, 1920x1200, Intel Celeron N4120 (Gemini Lak) 4-core cpu. 

Known issues: 

*1 BSOD - Stop Code:  MEMORY MANAGEMENT

*2 BSOD - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL 

(blue screen of death) 

I've mainly only been getting issues showing *2