omnibrain

Put Handler does not get dispatched

I added a PUT handler to my API (so far I worked with POST, for my new API iteration I'm finally getting to implementing PUT), but it does not get dispatched.

HttpAppSrv1.AddPutHandler('/'+porticoversion+'/object/*',Tlisaapiportico);    // Person anlegen PUT                                     /object/{oid}/person

Tlisaapiportico is implementing TUrlHandler.

I debugged, and it looks like the handler get's correctly added to the FPutHandler, but PutDispatchVirtualDocument gets never reached.

Further debugging (and comparison with POST) lead me to TriggerPutDocument. When I comment out the "Flags-Check" it works.

procedure THttpAppSrv.TriggerPutDocument(           { V8.67 }
     Sender     : TObject;
     var Flags  : THttpGetFlag);
begin
//OutputDebugString(PChar('HTTP_PUT  ' + (Sender as THttpAppSrvConnection).Path));
    inherited TriggerPutDocument(Sender, Flags);
 {   if Flags in [hgWillSendMySelf, hg404, hg403, hg401] then
        Exit ;   }

// Handle all virtual documents. Returns TRUE if document handled.
    if PutDispatchVirtualDocument(Sender as THttpAppSrvConnection, Flags) then
        Exit;

// Reject anything else
    Flags := hg404;
end;

In TriggerDeleteDocument is a similar check. I did not test it yet, but I imagine I'm going to run into the same problem.

Of course I don't know if the real problem is, that the flag get's set wrong somewhere higher in the call stack, or if the inherited call should do something instead.

Thanks, that will explain why a PUT test upload failed recently, it was still on my list to test, fix will be in SVN this week.

Angus

When further testing I discovered an additional problem:
My PUT obviously happens with data. But in my dispatched handler no data arrives. When debugging I noticed, that the handler get's dispatched before the data is received. An additional ConnectionDataAvailable where FState is hcPostedData happens after the dispatch.

I meant to test it properly all earlier, after you implemented it for me, but other projects happened and my workaround with POST worked.

The main problem with the PUT handler in the application server was a complete lack of content upload handling, it was just ignored, now fixed, will be in SVN today.

Angus

• Thanks 1

I downloaded and installed the latest daily snapshot from https://wiki.overbyte.eu/arch/icsv9w.zip but still can't get PUT to work. I still run into the "Flags"-check from my original post. Am I missing something else?

The Flags in question contains hg404. The path I call the PUT with Postman is http://192.168.247.109:16008/v2/object/1004/person

My other GET and POST Handlers work like they used to.

Edit: If I comment out the Flags-Check like I did in my original post it now works. So your fix handling the uploads worked.

Edited by omnibrain

Thanks, those checks are not in the POST handler and I thought I'd removed them since my PUT tests all worked, but now gone.  SVN may be a few days.

Angus

• Thanks 1