msd

FirebirdSQL 4 (64bit) Performance

Hello,

I have Proxmox on Intel I7 13 Gen with 32 GB of RAM and NVMe's latest generation, and I plan to build 3 VMs from FirebirdSQL v4 servers.

I have 20 db's per VM and 10–25 users per db, and I need some information on which FirebirdSQL architecture to use (Classic, Super Classic, Super) and some additional information or tips from experts about VM's about databases (and for servers, if there is any useful info).

Thanks for all the tips in advance.

Have you considered creating LXC containers, instead of VMs? Should be less resource-hungry, easier to setup...and only slightly less secure (if set as not priviliged, which is the default).

• Like 1

Hello,

Because of middle tier technologies I need to use Windows Server (without desktop experience).

So I only have "problem" which scenario is best performance/resource for FirebirdSQL v4 64 bit Windows...

Thanks anyway for advice...

My question on the Firebird Google Group is the same as if I threw it in a well without any reaction :-)

On 11/25/2023 at 9:21 PM, msd said:

Hello,

Because of middle tier technologies I need to use Windows Server (without desktop experience).

So I only have "problem" which scenario is best performance/resource for FirebirdSQL v4 64 bit Windows...

Thanks anyway for advice...

Hello,

I suppose you have to test it yourself, because "it depends".

Some usefull tips:

https://ib-aid.com/en/articles/45-ways-to-speed-up-firebird-database/
https://ib-aid.com/en/articles/23-more-ways-to-speed-up-firebird/

• Thanks 1