Can anyone recommend a GRPC client library for delphi. I have had a quick look around and only found a 1 open source lib - https://github.com/ultraware/DelphiGrpc  (no updates in 5 yrs), and nsoftware (which I will not buy as no source available).

Any others I have missed (open source or commercial with source code). 

1 hour ago, Darian Miller said:

I've been looking at that - since the DelphiGRPC makes use of it. Down the rabbit hole I go..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:
4 hours ago, Darian Miller said:

I've been looking at that - since the DelphiGRPC makes use of it. Down the rabbit hole I go..

Well, i see sgcWebSockets folder there, this means the porting to sgcWebSockets is possible if not easy (or already there), DTLS with 1(or 0) handshake round-trip (with TLS1.3) and HTTP/2 are available, this will should get your attention, for performance and bandwidth utilization.

I looked at sgcWebSockets today - but the price is really steep - I don't need the rest of the library but http/2 is only in the most expensive version - and then I need to get gprc working on top of that. 

I'm actually leaning towards doing this project in c# (the server is already c#) -  testing with .net 8.0 AOT compilation so far produced a 4.5MB exe (+ a 12MB dll for google protocol buffers). Obviously it will be larger than that once done.

As much as I want to use delphi for this project - the libraries are just not there - contrast to dotnet - grpc is a first class citizen (and the performance is impressive). I was able to get up and running in less than 10 minutes  - contrast that to having spent most of today looking for a delphi grpc client that works. 

• Like 3