Bart Kindt

How to remove C++ from RadStudio 12 after installation?

I installed RadStudio 12 while I still hade the Beta licence going, and I also activated C++.

I was not aware that my *licence* does not cover C++ (I have never used it).

Now I cannot start Delphi 12, because it says my licence does not cover C++.

How to re change the installation to remove the C++ without having to wipe the entire installation (yet again) and have to completly start from scratch?

Bart

1 hour ago, FPiette said:

Run Delphi personality only: add "-d Delphi" to the shortcut you use to launch the IDE.

See the documentation: IDE Command Line Switches and Options

That failed catastrophically. Did still go to Licencing box; escaped out of it; IDE failed with 'delphi.exe' not found; then an crash of the IDE, then nothing.

When installing retail Delphi 12, the installer should have removed the beta version.

Try running the installer again and select remove product (or similar item).

Then reboot your computer.

Then run the installer to install only Delphi.

13 hours ago, Bart Kindt said:

I installed RadStudio 12 while I still hade the Beta licence going, and I also activated C++.

I was not aware that my *licence* does not cover C++ (I have never used it).

Now I cannot start Delphi 12, because it says my licence does not cover C++.

Perhaps run $(BDS)\bin\LicenseManager.exe and remove your beta license if it's still listed?

1 hour ago, Remy Lebeau said:

Perhaps run $(BDS)\bin\LicenseManager.exe and remove your beta license if it's still listed?

No, I already switched to my 'normal' licence. The Beta license shows as expired.

10 hours ago, FPiette said:

When installing retail Delphi 12, the installer should have removed the beta version.

Try running the installer again and select remove product (or similar item).

Then reboot your computer.

Then run the installer to install only Delphi.

I installed from the ISO file. When I run the ISO install again, I do not get any options, except that it is *required* that I un-install the 'current' version  first. Which is the *same* version.

11 hours ago, Bart Kindt said:

I installed from the ISO file. When I run the ISO install again, I do not get any options, except that it is *required* that I un-install the 'current' version  first. Which is the *same* version.

Sure it is the same ! Nevertheless, uninstall that version completely and reinstall Delphi 12 personality only.