Shano

Delphi 12 - PAClient Error - Locating Simulator Error when Delploying

Hi,

I am using Delphi 12

I decided to try the iOS simulator out which was a huge mistake, because now I cannot deploy my release App.

When I deploy Delphi keeps trying to deploy to the iOS simulator it seems.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

[PAClient Error] Error: E6664 /Users/MyUserName/PAServer/scratch-dir/MyMac/AppName.launchscreen/Assets: error: The operation couldn’t be completed. Failed to locate any simulator runtime matching options: {

I tried deleting all the files in the Scratch directory on my Mac already.

Edited by Shano

1 minute ago, Shano said:

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Is your Mac an M1 or M2 or M3 device?

If so, start Xcode on the Mac, and click the Xcode menu, Open Developer Tool > Simulator. If you're able to do that, I'm not sure what the issue is.

If your Mac is not an M1, M2 or M3, you're out of luck - Delphi supports only ARM-based Simulator, which is available on those kinds of Macs

17 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

M1

17 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

If so, start Xcode on the Mac, and click the Xcode menu, Open Developer Tool > Simulator. If you're able to do that, I'm not sure what the issue is. 

If your Mac is not an M1, M2 or M3, you're out of luck - Delphi supports only ARM-based Simulator, which is available on those kinds of Macs

I can open the simulator from Xcode.

Problem is I do not want to use the simulator. I want to build a Release for submission to Testflight, but everytime I try to deploy the App, for some reason it tries to run the simulator. I just want to reset so that the Release deployment works as it used to,

Platforms = (com.apple.platform.iphonesimulator)

image.thumb.png.4a364f3107fb8ebcc23fa6c6ce027700.png

Edited by Shano

3 minutes ago, Shano said:

I want to build a Release for submission to Testflight,

Sorry about that.. I'm sure I have seen a similar error mentioned before, however I'm unable to find a reference for it. Which version of Xcode are you using?

4 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Sorry about that.. I'm sure I have seen a similar error mentioned before, however I'm unable to find a reference for it. Which version of Xcode are you using?

I have xcode 15.1 installed.

I think it is a Delphi Error though, using the incorrect call to the PAClient. I am not trying to run the simulator. I am trying to delpoy to the mac.

image.thumb.png.bc4b7f09fda91fb6ba7d0a64942c6e8b.png

image.png.2a2fbf273615a6572239f28f62ca1b2a.png

Edited by Shano

1 hour ago, Shano said:

I have xcode 15.1 installed.

I think it is a Delphi Error though

It appears Xcode 15.1 has broken Delphi - I'm having the same problems with that version. Reverting to an earlier version may fix it. I'm about to find out.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

It appears Xcode 15.1 has broken Delphi - I'm having the same problems with that version. Reverting to an earlier version may fix it. I'm about to find out.

Yes I reinstalled the last official release Xcode 15.0.1 - Oct 18 2023 and all works as expected.  Well that only cost me half a day.

Thanks.

Edited by Shano
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Nottage said:

It appears Xcode 15.1 has broken Delphi

Actually, it hasn't. What was missing has happened before, i.e. it does not automatically download iOS support (weird). From the Xcode menu select Settings, then the Platforms tab. For the iOS 17.2 item, click Get:

image.thumb.png.cb05320a984d8dbf66a260bda2deb62f.png

(which I have already done in this picture)

Even weirder: while downloading it says "simulator". Once that completes, deployment should work.

• Like 6