bazzer747

Disconnected Session

Just recently, I've been getting 'disconnected session' error messages. See attached snapshot of the message.

It occurs when I am in debug mode but not when I'm not in debug mode.

To 'close' Delphi I have to open Task Manager and end the session from there, I can't get to the application to close it or use it any other way. I've no idea what is causing this, as it isn't consistant - I can operate in debug mode with no issues most of the time, but occasionally have this problem. If anyone can read the details on the error shown and give me a cluse as to where to look I'd appreciate it.

I run Delphi 10.2 Enterprise.

DisconnectedSession.jpg

20 hours ago, bazzer747 said:

Just recently, I've been getting 'disconnected session' error messages. See attached snapshot of the message.

It occurs when I am in debug mode but not when I'm not in debug mode.

To 'close' Delphi I have to open Task Manager and end the session from there, I can't get to the application to close it or use it any other way. I've no idea what is causing this, as it isn't consistant - I can operate in debug mode with no issues most of the time, but occasionally have this problem. If anyone can read the details on the error shown and give me a cluse as to where to look I'd appreciate it.

I run Delphi 10.2 Enterprise.

What target platform is the program you try to debug for? This looks like a problem of debugging via paserver running on another machine over an unstable network connection...

My application is for Windows 64 bit. The application starts with Firedac connectivity to a remote SQL Server (not paserver) hosted on an internet provider. Normally the connectivity is good and reliable, and also when I run in non-debug mode the connection is made with no problem.

I rebooted my PC this morning and set the initial database connections to an SQL Server on my local PC (rather than the remote server) and I don't get the disconnected session error. 

As I mentioned I've been getting this issue maybe once or twice a month for quite a while now. Normally I end Delphi with Task Manager and fire it up again and it's OK. Only yesterday it continued to fail.

1 hour ago, bazzer747 said:

My application is for Windows 64 bit. The application starts with Firedac connectivity to a remote SQL Server (not paserver) hosted on an internet provider. Normally the connectivity is good and reliable, and also when I run in non-debug mode the connection is made with no problem.

I rebooted my PC this morning and set the initial database connections to an SQL Server on my local PC (rather than the remote server) and I don't get the disconnected session error. 

As I mentioned I've been getting this issue maybe once or twice a month for quite a while now. Normally I end Delphi with Task Manager and fire it up again and it's OK. Only yesterday it continued to fail.

Since the IDE is 32 bit and so is the integrated debugger debugging a win64 program does run via paserver, just locally. This did have problems in D10, which did get better in D11 and (supposedly, no personal experience yet) in D12. In your scenario it is not a network problem in my opinion, but the IDE is loosing the connection to paserver for some reason. If the error happens, do you see an instance of paserver in task manager? If not, do you see one before you run into the error?

Hmmm, surprises me it uses a local paserver at all. I'll check this out next time I get the error, but looking in Task Manager now, with Delphi running, there is no paserver  in any other processes or services running.