Kurt G

Use FlashFiler 2 in RAD 11.3

I don't know if this is the right forum, but I try:
I have used TurboPower FlashFiler 2 before (with Delphi 5) for a property registration program.
TurboPower FlashFiler 2 is chosen as the database is integrated in the exe file!
Now I would like to redesign the project, but am in doubt whether TurboPower FlashFiler 2 can be used together with Delphi 11.3 Community Edition.
Does anyone know it?
image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

Stupid question, forget it. I found the answer myself: of course it cannot be done.

In case you're not aware. FlashFiler morphed into NexusDB which is still going strong and compatible with latest Delphi versions.

Des

Some of the developers that worked on FlashFiler for TurboPower produced NexusDB to target the same market. FlashFiler itself was released as opensource along with most TurboPower products when TurboPower exited the Delphi third party library market.

NexusDB (at least older versions) came with conversion utilities to convert from FlashFiler. They offer a Free Embedded Version (available through GetIt in the Delphi IDE). 

• Database Importers - import tables from other databases (FlashFiler, BDE, ADO) into NexusDB tables. Full source included that easily adapts to other databases
  • Source converter assistant - helps convert FlashFiler source code into NexusDB compliant source
Edited by Brian Evans

On 1/12/2024 at 4:36 AM, Brian Evans said:

NexusDB (at least older versions) came with conversion utilities

It still does, they even get maintained as required. 😄

www.nexusdb.com for more info, there's a peer to peer telegram channel as well, join in 🙂

• Like 1