Lajos Juhász

{$define} broke the IDE :)

I believe that the implementation of the shiny feature to show which part of the code is active broke the IDE (Delphi 12).  

I've tried to enter:

{$Define DebugCOM} 

Nothing special, unfortunately after this the editor stopped receiving keyboard imput, I was still able to navigate using the mouse but when I tried to close the project the error message was:

Instance of Class TEditSource has dangling reference count of 1.

Did anyone noticed something similair? I would like to create a test case to report it to the QP.

For me editting $DEFINEs and $IFDEFs sometimes breaks syntax highlighting - everything after the directive is colored like a preprocessor directive. (But I'm still on XE6)

Recently (maybe D11) they've changed if a part of code is inactive the conditional symbol is not active the conditional code sections are greyed out. I'm not sure if that introduced this bug or something else. Of course after I have restarted the IDE it's working ok.

In Delphi 11, when I changed some $IFDEF a lot of time the source code not changed. But the compile (full compile, not RUN hoping that IDE compile the right code) always does the correct work.

In Delphi12, by now, changing $IFDEF always change the source code too.

I use some $DEFINE and I never notice malfunctions.

Edited by DelphiUdIT

1 hour ago, DelphiUdIT said:

I use some $DEFINE and I never notice malfunctions.

I don't use it often. In this case I have decided that instead of commenting out the code for debugging the COM communication I am will place it inside a conditional block. The IDE went completely mad when I closed the IDE it was an Access Violation.