RTollison

tfileopendialog tsclient on folder changing event

Dlg := Sender as TFileOpenDialog;
    if Succeeded(SHCreateItemFromParsingName(PWideChar(WideString('\\tsclient')), nil, IShellItem, DefFolder)) then

Is there a way to for that command to work when parsing tsclient. if i set it to 'C:\myfolder' it works but when i rdp  to server (with drives shared and are accessible) when i set the string to '//tsclient'

it fails. 

I have searched for shcreateitemfromparsingname and tsclient but can't find anything

Edited by RTollison

it was being sent in as variable and it is \\tsclient something is special about \\tsclient because i did a net use z: \\tsclient\c\myfolder and ran that shcreate against z: and it worked. 

i tried variations 'tsclient', 'network\\tsclient'

i am trying to force the lookup path to be tsclient and let user select from tsclient\? only. the shcreate will work if i only select one of the shares but not the root.

NOTE: Yes the defaultfolder is \\tsclient but that shcreate is for verifying that the user stays within tsclient

I will keep doing some searching, found an article referencing 'my pc' and other special names so maybe i will eventually find tsclient out there somewhere.

i created a simple program just to shcreate while change the variable text

\\tsclient on the first shcreate command of \\tsclient comes up with c:\users\xxxx\documents then when i execute it a second time with the same execute command i get c:\users\xxxxx\desktop

its run in a loop is my meaning of second time thru the loop. the third time thru the loop it fails th shcreate.

i have the shcreate within the folderchanging of a tfileopendialog event.

well hell, after rebooting server due to the annoying updates need installing message, i rebooted it and let it install update. now it is working correctly.