Sign in to follow this  
dormky

How can I duplicate a build configuration ?

I have a build configuration that includes EurekaLog. Since EurekaLogs alone takes 15s of the build process I'd like a debug config where it's not enabled.

However I can't find anywhere in the IDE allowing me to duplicate a build configuration. You can export/import options, but not entire build configurations. Is that even something possible ?

image.thumb.png.7ed74d825db09c78755801b7499d031d.png

Uncheck Base, Check Release - in the EL settings.

Personally I take the 15 secs, so that I can keep track of my leaks 😄

5 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

image.thumb.png.7ed74d825db09c78755801b7499d031d.png

Uncheck Base, Check Release - in the EL settings.

Personally I take the 15 secs, so that I can keep track of my leaks 😄

Unfortunately, we use the Debug build to compile releases (this is probably the least problematic thing about this project lol), but there's other things I want to change in the config, such as the output of warnings (guess what when you have thousands of warnings the time spent printing it to the debug channel adds up to a lot).

Also, we have so many leaks that it's not worth keeping track of at this point. More pressing things to do, somehow.

Edited by dormky

I assume you mean runtime warnings from custom code, and not thousands of compile time warnings?

You can create new build configs in the Project Explorer, and they also show up in the Eurekalog Config.

image.thumb.png.38b5faedf6fe5f753d4398a6ec055204.png

image.png

• Like 1

> I assume you mean runtime warnings from custom code, and not thousands of compile time warnings?

Nope, it's compile time warnings about string casts and the likes. Since a lot of the code is copy-pasted for each slightly different case, the warnings are too so there's really a lot of them ^^

The problem with creating a new configuration is that I lose the settings of the original config. We have things like a custom stack size, so I want to have the exact same config except for the Eurekalog flag and the warnings/hints.

I just figured I could edit the .proj directly to make sure the configs are the exact same and it seems to be fine 🙂

Edited by dormky

Ooooh I just realized you create the new config by right-clicking an existing one, not the "Build Configuration". Very cool, that works too and is much cleaner. Thanks !

As for thousands of warnings ... Clean that mess up.  Warnings and even hints can relate to significant problems in the code.  If you have thousands that are "uninteresting", they still can drown out those that are really vital.

• Like 3