CyberPeter

Should I expect same VCL styles between c++ builder 11.3 and 12 ?

I was counting on the fact that v12 would have the same VCL styles as v 11 ? 

I mean they can add styles, but remove them ??

This introduces all sorts of problems since I store the selected style in user settings, and if I need to use different styles in a new build I will have to deal with that.

In v11 I use:

image.thumb.png.2a4da3e673e3b10f60b254973d74adf9.png

but they are not available in v12 ?

v12 features:

image.thumb.png.2694eb74dfc80da9c4016ea5b005726f.png

instead, which are not the same styles.

For the moment solved by copying

"C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\Embarcadero\\Studio\\22.0\\Styles\\Windows11_Modern_Dark.vsf"
"C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\Embarcadero\\Studio\\22.0\\Styles\\Windows11_Modern_Light.vsf"

to

"C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\Embarcadero\\Studio\\23.0\\Styles\\Windows11_Modern_Dark.vsf"
"C:\\Users\\Public\\Documents\\Embarcadero\\Studio\\23.0\\Styles\\Windows11_Modern_Light.vsf"

but very curious whether I should report this as a bug, or if this is expected behavior ?

Yes, that is what I have had to do in the past as well.....no idea why prior styles disappear 

Any idea if it's worth reporting this as a bug (when that service becomes available again (sigh)) ?

Edited by CyberPeter

Lol.....yeah I was going to suggest that but realized it was not running as well while typing.

Yeah I do think its worth it.  Its just frustrating these things aren't consistent, maybe reporting it would help next time it happens.

I think I had the exact style you mentioned but no time to think about copying things across as had urgent release so just changed the styles at the time.

1 hour ago, bdw_nz20 said:

.. had urgent release so ..

Oh, I waited until my release was out of the way before I started messing with v 12.  Next release is still a while away.  I did not risk that.

No issues ?  A smooth release ?

Did you have compile and/or link issues going from v11 to v12 ?

I'm having some linker issues at the moment.  It looks like I have to recompile all libraries (32 bit, I assume 64 bit will be the same). 

I did not expect that.  I thought they had not upgraded clang etc. yet ?  Certainly not 32bit.

Oops, I realize I'm digressing.

Yeah the release in my case was a small app and it wasn't in v12 it was v11.

Only just trying v12 today which has been a whole day of finding constant issues.

I stopped when v12 decided to quit all on its own while trying to run CodeInsight.

In most cases with static libs I've always had to re-compile them all, in the end I changed those libraries to just add the code directly so gets compiled with the main project

Edited by bdw_nz20