Michaell

solved: C++ Builder 12.0: 'Find Symbol' (Whole Tomato) does not work

Hi,

the C++ Builder 12.0 introduced 'Search -> Find Symbol' feature delivers in the related displayed dialog box title bar its search result, in my case:

Find Symbol [0 of 0] -- Visual Assist

So it is not working at all. Does it need some special prerequisite like "only working together with the Clang compiler"?

Thanks!

P.S. The Embarcadero feature help is here and the Whole Tomato feature help here. Both don't tell anything about problem fighting.

Edited by Michaell
"solved: " inserted to title

Find Symbol works for me - with both clang64 or with classic 32 bit (not tried it with clang32). But I have to actually select the text (typically by dragging over it with the mouse) before using the search ! find symbol

• Thanks 1

I closed the project, reopened it and after an automatically started file parsing task the 'Projects' window showed at its lower part:

CodeInsight: Done

Before it was 

CodeInsight: Stopped

It seems that at my 1st try the file parsing was incomplete / interrupted and therefore the related feature 'Find Symbol' was out of work, i.e. the above reported issue is gone,

Edited by Michaell
typo

Actually it is a Visual Assist (VA) bug (RSP-44054) and it occurs if this setting is in use:
IDE -> Saving and Recovering -> Reopen last opened project when starting RAD Studio