Adam

2 seperate installs of Indy in the one IDE?

12 hours ago, esegece said:

If you want to compile the latest Indy package with Devexpress installed, you should do some changes, there is a post in the devexpress website which explains this:

https://supportcenter.devexpress.com/ticket/details/t421126/installation-with-updated-indy-components

Additionally, I wrote a blog post a month ago about how install the sgcIndy package installer and Devexpress:

https://www.esegece.com/community/blog/sgcindy-devexpress

That used to work for me, but I started having complications the last couple of years. There's a few other support requests at DevEx regarding it, but in the end it was just 'unsupported'. Now that I've got things that appear to be working - I'm not game to make any changes incase I break it and can't get it working again, so will leave things as they are for now, but thanks for the heads up.

11 hours ago, DelphiUdIT said:

This is right if you want maintain the full compatibility with Embarcadero and all third parts packages.

But this is not all, you must set also the $LIBSUFFIX to "AUTO", because the BPL packages should be named with "290" version. Indy packages in the repo are not set for this, there are some "ticket" open (and "closed") about this.

I wrote some posts about substitute the original Indy and restore the compatibility with Embarcadero environment, but after last changes in Indy repository I will rewrite again a full post with all steps in simply mode including openssl indy repo and ssl-oauth indy repo, possibly via script.

I think in Delphi 12, the packages are named with 290 at the end of them. (At least from my memory from last week when I was deleting the BPL's), so that might have changed now? With prior versions of Delphi I think Embarcardero omitted the version number suffix. (Although again, I'm going from memory now, so take with a grain of salt).

3 hours ago, Adam said:

I think in Delphi 12, the packages are named with 290 at the end of them. (At least from my memory from last week when I was deleting the BPL's), so that might have changed now? With prior versions of Delphi I think Embarcardero omitted the version number suffix. (Although again, I'm going from memory now, so take with a grain of salt).

The packages in Indy's GitHub repo are named with version-specific suffixes on each DPK/DPROJ file.  The bundled Indy packages that ship with the IDE have been modified by Embarcadero to use LIBSUFFIX when compiled, so the version suffixes are omitted from the generated DCP files but not from the final BPL files.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

To be more "simple:

1) You can refer in the "requires" section simple with IndyProtocols for example, but the library (bpl) used will be with "290" ... or the new extension for Delphi 11 or Delphi 13 ....;

2) So in every component will you refer in the future you'll refer ALWAYS to with "IndyProtocols" and depending of IDE version will linked to the correct BPL version (280, 290, 300, ....);

This require the changes the name of the DPK/DPROJ files, the changes of the "requires" sections and the use of $LIBSUFFIX = AUTO (in the DPK and in the DPROJ files). In the past that was done using LIBSUFFIX (for example) with "290" instead of AUTO.

The libraries in RAD STUDIO are related without suffix "290" but the BPL still have those suffix (for example you refer to RTL in the DPK files not RTL290).

"NEW" WAY

image.thumb.png.333d944a27faa00bb032fa58b937fd36.png

"OLD" WAY

image.thumb.png.661029f6eab137e0d7eab2a61b878b6b.png

Bye

Edited by DelphiUdIT
update with images
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I'm well aware of how LIBSUFFIX works and the benefit of using it.  It's been on my TODO list for a long time (https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy/issues/133), but it's not likely to be implemented in Indy 10 because that is a major interface change.  But it's already implemented for Indy 11.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Remy Lebeau said:

Yes, I'm well aware of how LIBSUFFIX works and the benefit of using it.  It's been on my TODO list for a long time (https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy/issues/133), but it's not likely to be implemented in Indy 10 because that is a major interface change.  But it's already implemented for Indy 11.

It wasn't for you my reply. You are from TeamB and an MVP Embarcadero, I have nothing to explain, signaling some issue may be but sure not explain to you.

The post was for @Adam and for other readers.

Edited by DelphiUdIT
  • Thanks 1