Brian Warner

Unauthorized Travel - VCL Components go 'Awanderin'

I'm working Delphi 11.2, Win 10 Pro, 64-bit. Monitors all 96 dpi, 1920x1080 resolution. None of that ever changes. 

With many (most) forms, I get them designed as I want. For example, a close button near the bottom right corner, 

button A immediately to the right of TEdit1 (outside the margins settings), etc. I'm not working with the DFM 

files directly, just via the corresponding PAS file. 

Save the form (*.pas file). Close it. Open the unit again. Most times it comes up OK, sometimes not. However, close

Delphi and restart, then all bets are off. On many forms (TForm descendent) the Feng Shui goes kablooey and

I spend a lot of time redoing design. 

Any thoughts?

Brian D. Warner

This normally works fine (of course). Questions: What Delphi/RAD Studio version are you using. Are you designing VCL or FMX? Do you get a problem if you start with a completely new form ?

Hi,

Sorry, I meant to include what was needed. Delphi 11.2. VCL only. 

It is only after working on a form, closing/reopening it (less often), but (more often) after closing and restarting Delphi with the setup to return to the previous desktop on start up. I have tried with some bare bones forms. It seems, but is not certain, that the problem is more likely to occur when the anchor set to right, without left, as you would with a Close button at the bottom right of the form. 

The attached shows the mildest effect, note that controls have shifted a few pixels to the left compared to the right edge. They are set to Top/Right anchor on a TPanel with alBottom. However, in more dramatic examples, the Hide button would be somewhere under the Numbers checkbox. I've seen similar cases, mild to dramatic, when the buttons were at the top of form, also in a TPanel with alTop and with the same anchor settings.

MovingVCL.png.16df6c5859f712684cbe4fe436a9a70f.png.

Brian