Nigel Thomas

ICSSnippets sample Access Violation running as 64Bit

Hi,

The following access violation occurs when running the "HTTP Dowload List of Files" snippet with the program compiled as 64Bit:

HTTP Error - Access violation at address 000000000090E55F in module 'OverbyteIcsSnippets.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000004

It works seamlessly with no errors when the program is compiled as 32Bit.

Using latest svn version of ICS 9.1, compiled using D11.3 CE running on Windows 10 and on Windows 11.

Full diagnostic attached.

Is this issue duplicatable or just something to do with my setup?

diag.txt

I've not seen this problem in snippets, but don't often test the samples with Win64. 

I have seen it on a Win64 web server running on Windows Server 2018, discussed in this forum a few months ago, but the same Win64 web server runs fine on two others Windows Server 2022 and Windows 11.  

So there is a lurking Win64 problem somewhere, not convinced it's in ICS, could be OpenSSL or Delphi.  Not easy to debug when it only fails on a heavily used live server, That particular web server is now built as Win32 due to the crashes, but a very similar API web server is still Win64 and never fails. Not had a web server crash for over two months.  

But if the error is reproducible in snippets, that will be easier to test.  But not this week...

Angus

This Win64 exception was due to using Free on a stream that was already closed, instead of NilAndFree which checks first, and is used elsewhere in the same function. 

Not sure why Win32 hides the bug, but Win64 does not, this was within finally/end.

Not in SVN yet, and the V9.1 HTTP snippet is now broken because last week I added authentication to the web server directory it uses to test something else, and forget snippets uses that directory.

Angus

• Thanks 1