Sign in to follow this  
DelphiUdIT

NEW INDY REPO (CLONE) FOR ATHENS 12.1 UPDATES

Posted (edited)

Hello ALL.
I make a repository with a copy of original Indy repo with all changes to help updating Athens 12.1 Indy version and make it compatible with the IDE and third-party components.

https://github.com/SiveaITA/Indy-Athens12.1

Please Remy give a look.

UPDATE: seems that what I have done is not the right way, so the repository will be shutdown.

Edited by DelphiUdIT
Modified

That's not how you do it. I doubt Remy will have time or motivation to look at whatever it is you have done.

1. Fork the original repository.
  2. Make a branch.
  3. Apply your changes.
  4. Create a pull request to have your changes merged into the original repository.

2-4 should be done once per separate issue. A single issue that makes 20 unrelated changes probably has zero chance of being accepted.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Some changes are refuses from Indy team, 'cause some of them (changes) are only for the next new release (11), like I write in the recent post. Other motivations surely there are.

This repo exists only to help everyone that want to update the Indy version that came with IDE.

That is still with legacy technologies (no Oauth2, no TLSv1_3), and the Indy official repo is not compatible with Embarcadero and some tirdh-party components (like those installed from getit that need Indy).

If this is not the right way, I switch the repo in "private" ... no problems.

You are right about Remy, I don't want any test from him, my request may be misunderstood.

Edited by DelphiUdIT