Sign in to follow this  
TWBoy

Help Needed: BCB 12.1 VLC Application Build Error on Windows 64-bit - Access Violation

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a VLC app for Windows 64-bit and hit a snag. When I try to build my project, even without adding any components, I get this error:

[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Access violation.  Link terminated.
Failed

I have looked around for a fix but haven't solved it yet. I would appreciate your advice if anyone runs into this or knows what might be wrong. Thanks!

Snap1.png

Edited by TWBoy

Is this a blank project and your saying it doesnt compile ?

Have you tried the 32 bit and 64 bit modern platforms to see if they compile ?

Posted (edited)

I don't use 64 bit yet and I haven't installed 12 or 12.1 yet, but I thought I recalled from from the webinar below they said that they were moving away from ilink for the linker in 12.1.  So I'm not sure why it is says there is an error with ilink.

While you wait for someone who actually knows what they are talking about to chip in here , I would check the C++ linker options in the Project|Options menu to see if something is set incorrectly there.

(edit: that wasn't a slight against bdw_nz20 - I was referring to myself)

Edited by Gord P

On 4/10/2024 at 3:29 PM, bdw_nz20 said:

Is this a blank project and your saying it doesnt compile ?

Have you tried the 32 bit and 64 bit modern platforms to see if they compile ?

Yes, a blank project. There are no issues with 32-bit and 64-bit modern applications. Only Windows 64-bit applications cannot be built.

After uninstalling all TMS Software components, CBuilder 12.1 now can build the Windows 64-bit application.

I have kept CBuilder 11.3 on different computers. Before, I do not have any problems with CBuilder 11.3 on Windows 32 and 64-bit platforms. After I updated some components of TMS Software, my CBuilder 11.3 had the same issues on the 64-bit platform.

On 4/22/2024 at 7:13 AM, TWBoy said:

After I updated some components of TMS Software, my CBuilder 11.3 had the same issues on the 64-bit platform

Potentially could be a TMS component installation issue but I wouldn't rule out EMB either.

I'd look at contacting TMS but also filing a Quality issue with EMB.

Hello,

I have a very similar problem. I get an ilink64 access violation in 64-bit debug build only. It happens only in one of our projects (which uses TMS VCL UI Pack) - and we have several (even more complex) projects using TMS which all build without any problems.

I filed a QP report

https://embt.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/RSS-680

but I cannot provide a simple example project.

Maybe you can attach your example project to the report and I can test if I can reproduce the problem.

Regards, Hans