Hello,

I am new to the Delphi world.  Most of the programming I have done was primary user interface updates using MFC.

I have a project originally written in Delphi 5, it has been update to run in Delphi xe7( not by me ).

I am trying to update it to Delphi 11.  I have what I believe is a configuration issue that has me stumped.

[dcc32 Fatal Error] DesignIntf.pas(14): F2613 Unit 'DesignConst' not found.

I get this when ever i try to compile the project.  I searched the web but didn't find the solution.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately not enough details. If you get this while you are compiling a design time package you should add designide to the required section. DesignConst is still part of the Delphi (it is located in the source\toolsapi folder). 

Make sure that any runtime package does not use the designide.

Thank you for your responce. That message is generated when the Vcl library is complied from within the project. I don’t understand why that is being called to compile. 

Posted (edited)

Hi...:classic_cool:

...please show us your search pathes of Delphi.

image.thumb.png.3341da57b4b9c7ab2c8f9812788bc729.png

Edited by haentschman

No VCL application should try to compile DesignIntf.pas it is a violation of the licence. Only a runtime package can use it.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

No VCL application should try to compile DesignIntf.pas it is a violation of the licence. Only a runtime package can use it.

I think you mean a design-time package.

4 hours ago, Derrek Curtis said:

That message is generated when the Vcl library is complied from within the project.

Why are you recompiling the VCL?  Don't do that.  Your project is clearly not setup correctly.  Start over with a fresh project, and add your existing project source files to it.  And make sure your design-time package (not a runtime package!) has the DesignIDE package listed in its requires clause. You should not be compiling DesignIntf.pas directly.

Edited by Remy Lebeau
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Remy Lebeau said:

I think you mean a design-time package.

That is correct.