Sign in to follow this  
PascalBertrand

NetCom7 and Android

Has anyone succeeded compiled Netcom7 for android platform. I have a error in nclines.pas :  unsatisfied forward or external declaration ?

If y choose win32 platform, i have no problem.

Capture d'écran 2024-05-06 140409.png

5 hours ago, PascalBertrand said:

Has anyone succeeded compiled Netcom7 for android platform. I have a error in nclines.pas : unsatisfied forward or external declaration ?

Moving the procedure TConnectThread.ProcessEvent code out of the MSWINDOWS conditional define (e.g. move it to above the line {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}) makes that unit compile. I had to also add System.Types to the implementation clause, for the DWord type.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your help. I can compile for android.

Y use TncClientSource and apparently the OnHandleCommand do nothing on Android (y receive no data) but work on win32. Do you have a idea ?

I have found the problem. It is unicode in TBytes. For Android use WideStingOf() and WideBytesOf instead StrinsOf() and BytesOf().

12 hours ago, PascalBertrand said:

I have found the problem. It is unicode in TBytes. For Android use WideStingOf() and WideBytesOf instead StrinsOf() and BytesOf().

I would suggest not to use those second layer functions at all, but to use TEncoding for this task:

Result := TEncoding.Default.GetBytes(Val);

It seems that all relevant of those overloaded functions use the same TEnconding function internally and the rest of the overloaded functions are only for some special cases.