baoquan.zuo

DocInsight 2024 Sneak Preview and Beta Invitation

Posted (edited)

DocInsight, also known as Documentation Insight, is an API documentation tool for Delphi developers. The upcoming release of DocInsight 2024 represents a major update. It includes:

Highlights

- Support for Delphi XE7 - Delphi 12

- Redesigned DocInsight CLI

docinsight-cli.thumb.gif.93696077c2eb61351f13c711e0e968b3.gif

- Bug fixes and valuable improvements

It's recommend to visit What's New in DocInsight 2024 (Draft) to get more details.

New Licensing Model

With the release of DocInsight 2024, we are pleased to introduce a revamped licensing model:

- Commercial License

Licenses are purchased by the company and can be assigned to any single developer within the organization.

- Personal License

Tailored for individual use, this license is intended for those who purchase it with their own funds and should not be financed by companies in any form. 

For more details, please refer to our separate announcement.

Beta Invitation

If you are interested in early access of the DocInsight 2024 Beta, please join our Community Forum and drop us an email at support@devjetsoftware.com to request access to DocInsight Beta.

Thanks!

Edited by baoquan.zuo
  • Like 2

That's nice I guess but

• No support for external XML documentation files.
    This is a complete showstopper; 1) I'm not mangling our source with doc comments, 2) Some of our source is generated. The comments would be overwritten.
  • The layout is still hard coded to emulate the VS2012 help.
    I don't mind the style but without the possibility to adapt the content to an existing layout the generated help just looks bolted on.
    image.thumb.png.c4616bbb790a02048e3509ed45e30b34.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Anders Melander said:

No support for external XML documentation files.
 This is a complete showstopper; 1) I'm not mangling our source with doc comments, 2) Some of our source is generated. The comments would be overwritten.

Thanks for your feedback. I will probably consider the external XML documentation files in upcoming minor update as it is required for auto-generated/unmanaged source code,  as well as other things (like project-level documentation may not be suited to be put in dpr/dpk).

2 hours ago, Anders Melander said:

The layout is still hard coded to emulate the VS2012 help.

Please see this feature request. The new theme is in the roadmap of the 2024 version. Basically it must support:

• Responsive
  • Theme (Light/Dark)
  • Customization and Rebranding

It is recommended that you create an issue in the DocInsight Support portal. I will make polls in the community forums to know what features really matters to our customers.

Best Regards

Edited by baoquan.zuo
  • Thanks 1