MadOverRAD

Looking for info on the TIPSocket class

Hello fellow Delphi enthusiasts!

I'm currently maintaining a project written in Delphi 11. I've encountered a class called TIPSocket (possibly from Indy, according to my colleague) that's apparently been causing some issues in the project. I can't access the definition of this class, as the project has undergone some refactoring recently, and the class declaration seemingly got lost in the process. If anyone here has any useful info on what this class represents (and how), or knows how I could substitute it with my own code, I'd greatly appreciate some help. Even some info on which library contains this class would be invaluable, since we're not 100% sure it's from Indy, it's just an educated guess.

Let me know if any additional info is needed. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this issue.

TIPSocket is part of VCL (unit Sockets). Indy classes are usually with names like TId* 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Virgo said:

TIPSocket is part of VCL (unit Sockets). Indy classes are usually with names like TId* 

One more thing if you don't mind, We're not able to include VCL.Sockets in the "uses" clause. Is it called something else in the source code? Could you provide a link to any site where we can find more information on this?

To include Socket components, you must add component through menu "Component/Install Packages" and search at bin directory (like in the images).

The socket package is deprecated, but it is still present.

image.thumb.png.68c5e12aa359163f8ee52e3b0636e75b.png