Vanar

Deploy Delphi 12 iOS 17 XCode 15.4

Good day!

When compiling an iOS application in Application Store mode, the following error occurs:
"
[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 2024-06-11 22:30:54.587 xcodebuild[1276:18656] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path "/var/folders/g1/kgg6vjrx7q70pjsh4v66xtc80000gn/T/StepUp_2024-06-11_22-30-54.585.xcdistributionlogs".
[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 2024-06-11 22:30:54.773 xcodebuild[1276:18656] [MT] IDEDistribution: Command line name "app-store" is deprecated. Use "app-store-connect" instead.
[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 error: exportArchive: No "signingCertificate" specified. Provide the SHA-1 hash or name of the (null) certificate to use, or "(null)" to let Xcode choose one.
[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 Error Domain=IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepErrorDomain Code=2 "No "signingCertificate" specified. Provide the SHA-1 hash or name of the (null) certificate to use, or "(null)" to let Xcode choose one." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No "signingCertificate" specified. Provide the SHA-1 hash or name of the (null) certificate to use, or "(null)" to let Xcode choose one.}
"
The application is signed: Development certificate: Apple Distribution (everything is fine with the signature in XCODE)
Compiling an iOS application in Development mode (Development certificate: Apple Development) is successful
The error occurs when the ipa file begins to be formed

Saw a similar topic

but the solution methods have probably changed, I was not able to use them.

Are there any working methods to solve this problem?

23 minutes ago, Vanar said:

When compiling an iOS application in Application Store mode, the following error occurs:

With which version of Delphi, which version of PAServer, and which version of Xcode? For me, using Delphi 12.1, PAServer v14.1.13.8, Xcode 15.4 deploying an app for App Store works OK.

You may also want to turn on verbose mode (using the v command) in PAServer to see exactly what is being executed.

8 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

With which version of Delphi, which version of PAServer, and which version of Xcode? For me, using Delphi 12.1, PAServer v14.1.13.8, Xcode 15.4 deploying an app for App Store works OK.

You may also want to turn on verbose mode (using the v command) in PAServer to see exactly what is being executed.

Embarcadero® Delphi 12 Version 29.0.50491.5718 
PAServer 14.0.13.3
XCode 15.4

Here is the FULL content of the process (see attachment)

InfoPAServer.txt

12 minutes ago, Vanar said:

Embarcadero® Delphi 12 Version 29.0.50491.5718 

So Delphi 12.0? Is there any reason why you have not upgraded to 12.1? Not sure if that might actually make a difference here, however PAServer may have been changed to ensure that the file specified in the -exportOptionsPlist switch of the call to xcodebuild uses the correct value for the <method> key, which would be app-store-connect, rather than app-store:

8 hours ago, Vanar said:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 2024-06-11 22:30:54.773 xcodebuild[1276:18656] [MT] IDEDistribution: Command line name "app-store" is deprecated. Use "app-store-connect" instead.

That message looks more like a warning, than an error. I suspect the real problem is that there is some certificate issue:

8 hours ago, Vanar said:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 Error Domain=IDEDistributionSigningAssetStepErrorDomain Code=2 "No "signingCertificate" specified. Provide the SHA-1 hash or name of the (null) certificate to use, or "(null)" to let Xcode choose one." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No "signingCertificate" specified. Provide the SHA-1 hash or name of the (null) certificate to use, or "(null)" to let Xcode choose one.}

I'm just not sure what that issue is.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

So Delphi 12.0? Is there any reason why you have not upgraded to 12.1? Not sure if that might actually make a difference here, however PAServer may have been changed to ensure that the file specified in the -exportOptionsPlist switch of the call to xcodebuild uses the correct value for the <method> key, which would be app-store-connect, rather than app-store:

That message looks more like a warning, than an error. I suspect the real problem is that there is some certificate issue:

I'm just not sure what that issue is.

I tried it under 11.3 - everything works!
Do I need to install Delphi 12.1 or is it enough to update PAServer?

3 minutes ago, Vanar said:

I tried it under 11.3 - everything works!

With PAServer from Delphi 12.0? Either way, that is odd.

3 minutes ago, Vanar said:

Do I need to install Delphi 12.1 or is it enough to update PAServer?

Delphi 12.0 will not (or at least should not) work with PAServer from Delphi 12.1.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

With PAServer from Delphi 12.0? Either way, that is odd.

Delphi 12.0 will not (or at least should not) work with PAServer from Delphi 12.1.

No, I got it working with PASERVER 22.0
Delphi 11.3 + PASERVER 22.0 = Success

Edited by Vanar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vanar said:

Delphi 11.3 + PASERVER 22.0 = Success

There is more than one version of PAServer 22.0, however I assume you are using the one that shipped with Delphi 11.3, which is v13.3.12.6. Regardless, as I indicated earlier, this combination works for me:

9 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Delphi 12.1, PAServer (23.0) v14.1.13.8, Xcode 15.4

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

There is more than one version of PAServer 22.0, however I assume you are using the one that shipped with Delphi 11.3, which is v13.3.12.6. Regardless, as I indicated earlier, this combination works for me:

Thank you for your help - you always help!

Installed Delphi 12.1 and everything worked!
Topic closed

On 6/12/2024 at 9:05 AM, Dave Nottage said:

Good afternoon
I was in a hurry to close the topic!
At first I tested everything on an empty project, ipa was created - everything was fine!

I took my project - ipa is NOT created!
My project compiles for ios debug, android, win - everything is fine.
1. Tried it on different machines
2. Tried it under different certificates with different AppleIds (accounts)
3. Tried it on different Delphi.
3. I tried demo ALFmxControls from Alcinoe-master, since I use Alcinoe.FMX.VideoPlayer.pas
 ALFmxControls creates ipa - no problem!

That is, the problem is in my project!
I took the ALFmxControls.dproj file and adjusted it to my project
But everything was unsuccessful.
Other projects create ipa successfully.
My thoughts and strength are gone!
What could be wrong with my project, and is that the problem?
I can send you the project file or other data

5 minutes ago, Vanar said:

I took the ALFmxControls.dproj file and adjusted it to my project
But everything was unsuccessful.

What adjustments did you make? If it included the value for CFBundleIdentifier (in the Version Info section), I suspect it's related to that.

9 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

What adjustments did you make? If it included the value for CFBundleIdentifier (in the Version Info section), I suspect it's related to that.

1. Changed CFBundleIdentifier
2. Set Provision Profile
3. Added to Delphi Compiler: Search path

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Vanar said:

1. Changed CFBundleIdentifier
2. Set Provision Profile
3. Added to Delphi Compiler: Search path

In the "Version Information" I changed only the CFBundleIdentifier.

Moreover, the CFBundleIdentifier was different, since I tried it under different AppleIDs
I have two AppleIDs

Edited by Vanar

2 hours ago, Vanar said:

Moreover, the CFBundleIdentifier was different

So it's more than likely a profile/certificate issue, especially given the original message. You could use the Keychain Access app on the Mac to check whether certificates are valid, e.g. on mine:

image.thumb.png.cc62bbecc7717f5d9a2efcb9a0d17506.png

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2024 at 3:29 PM, Dave Nottage said:

So it's more than likely a profile/certificate issue, especially given the original message. You could use the Keychain Access app on the Mac to check whether certificates are valid, e.g. on mine:

image.thumb.png.cc62bbecc7717f5d9a2efcb9a0d17506.png

Thanks for the screenshot
I made sure that my certificates are configured correctly 🙂

After all, I built my project based on ALFmxControls and published it in iOS, without touching the certificates at all.
That is, I dare to argue with you that this is the problem 🙂

The question then goes to Delphi: errors are not only misinterpreted, but their descriptions lead in the other direction in search of an answer...

Now everything is fine with iOS, but there was a problem on the Android side:
The splash screen turned white. In a previous version of Delphi, the splash screen was customized and worked well.
Now there is no way to configure it, or at least change the color or turn it off altogether.
I tried it on an empty project - everything works
Problrm is probably in the manifest or Deployment
Can you tell me how to change at least the boot color or even disable the splash screen?
I’m ready to change it globally in Delphi, but I don’t know which xml file needs to be corrected