Sign in to follow this  
Tommi Prami

Minor Uninstaller bug

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.0788e72de316ce4ad26ef8cf8d75722f.png

Registry need cleanup I think... Could not find it tough. I'll let you know if I find where this is coming from.

Had typo while searching, found from expected place at the registry.

This also caught my eye. Should this registration also be gone at the uninstall

image.thumb.png.66902026f4de080ffccaa3315302c830.png

Edited by Tommi Prami
More info

This usually happens when MMX has been installed for all users, i.e. as an admin. That will use HKLM for the Experts entry, which will be copied to HKCU when a user starts Delphi. As the installer didn't add these registry entries, it refuses to remove them when uninstalling (this is standard behavior of InnoSetup). 

Actually, these kind of quirks are the reason why Install for me only is recommended. If you are the only user at the system it doesn't matter at all and if you are not, each user will have its own copy of MMX installed (they can even have different versions).

I always try to clean up as neatly as possible when uninstalling, but I didn't find a reliable way to do that without jumping through hoops with the registry and several user folders.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Actually, these kind of quirks are the reason why Install for me only is recommended. 

Noted!.

That is totally reasonable, if it takes too much time and/or effort. That is such a small problem, that no need to worry, I think.

-Tee-

While I have the same problem when using alternative registry keys (instead of BDS), I thought of creating a separate management tool, but as ever so often spare time is limited and valuable.

• Like 1