dlucic

java problem starting the blank android application

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

I just installed Delphi 12.1 and try to run simple (blank) android application on Phone with Android 11. I suppose that all configuration about SDK is correct because my device is in the target list as you can see on picture bellow

image.png.48ff9b6dbf10f98d4cb34126e9551927.png

It seems that I have some problem with the configuration and version of JAVA, and I can't figure out what the problem is. When I try to start an application that consists only of an empty form, I get the following messages

image.thumb.png.7ebb1652440b213d272f7d60c71a2284.png

When I look at the settings in the SDK manager, everything seems fine

image.thumb.png.42c50f3fe19b21249468fd8087b1f06d.png

image.thumb.png.fc25eacaddd79571bed8a86a1f6c33b5.png

image.thumb.png.a2f0ac8f3041a291443bbcf612a47e77.png

I tried with various versions of JAVA but I did not make any progress.

Can someone please help me and point me to where I am going wrong

Edited by dlucic

2 hours ago, dlucic said:

Can someone please help me and point me to where I am going wrong

Delphi 12.1 (no XE in its title) requires the Eclipse Temurin OpenJDK. You can install it via the Delphi menu - Tools | Manage Features - on the right side, scroll the scrollbox all the way to the bottom, check the checkbox for the OpenJDK and click Apply. Once installed, go to the Java tab of the Android SDK settings and configure keytool.exe and jarsigner.exe options to use the OpenJDK (installs by default under C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium.

49 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Delphi 12.1 (no XE in its title) requires the Eclipse Temurin OpenJDK. You can install it via the Delphi menu - Tools | Manage Features - on the right side, scroll the scrollbox all the way to the bottom, check the checkbox for the OpenJDK and click Apply. Once installed, go to the Java tab of the Android SDK settings and configure keytool.exe and jarsigner.exe options to use the OpenJDK (installs by default under C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium.

Thank you so much.

Now, I have another problem. Please, can you halp me to resolve this

image.thumb.png.d98a25d3121a693e6cb10685059a1ab6.png

1 minute ago, dlucic said:

Now, I have another problem. Please, can you halp me to resolve this

I didn't notice before - you have the SDK API level set to android-30 (your first SDK Manager screenshot) - it should be android-34