Sign in to follow this  
dlucic

Delphi Datasnap Android unicode problem

I created a Datasnap server application that connects to the MSSQL database via the TFDConnection object, and then executes a specific SQL query via the TFDQuery object, the results of which are further forwarded via the TDataSnapProvider object. This is screenshot of that application 

image.png.2e2602afe3fc945b0f501aafe7f45d37.png

I created a simple client application that opens this query and displays the results in a ListBox. This is the code :

image.thumb.png.1f88bbba7beca46a95b3962ab8be035d.png

When I run application on Windows I get a correct result with Serbian letters as you can see in the image below

image.png.ac708105f2f4ed310ec2918c80feca98.png

But when U start the same application on Android, I have a problem with display of Serbian letters.

image.png.bea8c8b8d1f3d2b24a9d57886344571c.png

What is the problem?

Thanks

My guess is that the data in the database is written using codepage 1250. On Windows the program converts the field values from CP 1250 to UTF-16 while Android does not.

10 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

My guess is that the data in the database is written using codepage 1250. On Windows the program converts the field values from CP 1250 to UTF-16 while Android does not.

You are right. What can I do now?

You can try to use a mapping rule on the Datasnap server to map AnsiString to WideString that should solve the problem.

25 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

You can try to use a mapping rule on the Datasnap server to map AnsiString to WideString that should solve the problem.

Can you help me please. I dont know how and where to do that

You can set mapping rules on a connection or query. In both cases you would double click the component. Select the Option menu. Check the Ignore inherited rules, in the stringgrid set the mapping from dtAnsiString to dtWideString. This will required that you change the class from TStringField to TWideStringField for the fields.

1 hour ago, Lajos Juhász said:

You can set mapping rules on a connection or query. In both cases you would double click the component. Select the Option menu. Check the Ignore inherited rules, in the stringgrid set the mapping from dtAnsiString to dtWideString. This will required that you change the class from TStringField to TWideStringField for the fields.

Thank you so much