mirellehgf

I Need Assistance Linking Delphi Applications to Cloud Services

Hello everyone,

I am working on a Delphi based application & I am searching best way to integrate it with cloud services for data storage and synchronization. I am interested in learning about the most efficient approaches for connecting Delphi apps to popular cloud providers like AWS, Azure or google cloud platform.

Has anyone here successfully integrated Delphi with cloud services, especially in terms of secure data handling and real time synchronization?? I would appreciate any suggestion on libraries, frameworks or APIs that you have found useful in simplifying this process.

I am curious about potential challenges, such as latency issues or security concerns that I should be aware of when implementing cloud based features in a Delphi application. 

As well, I found these resources when doing research on this; https://en.delphipraxis.net/topic/2264-thinfinity-virtualui-cloud-based-conversion/ witch is good &  if anyone have any resources, tutorials or personal experiences please share with me, It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you…:classic_biggrin:

I'd suggest TMS Software's various Cloud Packs. 

The most challenging thing in using ANY REST-based service is that they're inherintely asynchronous in nature. Delphi has nothing built-in to handle that. A lot of people use tasks or multi-threading, but a lot of libraries provide a way to have callbacks so they look more like ordinary TEvents.

I've switched to using something from TMS called WEB Core that lets you write code in the Delphi IDE and it's transpiled into javascript. They've extended the language with some things to make accessing async services much easier. They've got something in beta that will add a WYSIWYG HTML form designer that integrates into the Delphi IDE to use with WEB Core, so you're not stuck doing design work in one window and having to see how it looks at run-time in another window.

Any latency and security issues you have will depend on the services you're using, not so much your app -- there's nothing you can do in your app to address latency issues, and you can only use the secure interfaces the services offer, but they tend to offer the latest security options.

Edited by David Schwartz