Sign in to follow this  
dmitrybv

Is it possible that the <RAD Studio>\bin\rsvars.bat file does not set all the necessary variables for MSBuild to work correctly?

I have a Compile.Cmd file that I run from my VCL application to compile my packages.

File Compile.Cmd

Call C:\RADStudio\22.0\Bin\rsvars.bat
ECHO BDS=%BDS%
ECHO BDSCOMMONDIR=%BDSCOMMONDIR%
%FrameworkDir%\MSBuild EhLib.Rtl.dproj /t:Build /p:Config=Release /p:platform=Win32

I run this file using the CreateProcess function with the parameter CmdLine = cmd.exe /c Compile.Cmd

1.--
If I run my program from under RAD Studio 12 (Rtl Ver 23), then when I execute cmd.exe /c Compile.Cmd, an error is displayed:

cmd.exe /c C:\RADStudio\23.0\Projects\EhLib12_Installer\Installer\Compile.Cmd

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Components\EhLib\Src>Call C:\RADStudio\22.0\Bin\rsvars.bat

BDS=C:\RADStudio\22.0

BDSCOMMONDIR=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Components\EhLib\Src\EhLib.Rtl.dproj" (Build target(s)) -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.
EhLib.Rtl.dpk(38): error E2213: Bad packaged unit format: c:\radstudio\23.0\lib\Win32\release\rtl.dcp.System - Expected version: 35.0, Windows Unicode(x86) Found version: 36.0, Windows Unicode(x86) [C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Components\EhLib\Src\EhLib.Rtl.dproj]
1 Error(s)
Time Elapsed 00:00:00.23

It is clear that MSBuild starts using library files of version 35.0 and 36.0 simultaneously.

2.--
If I run my compiled exe file directly from File Explorer, the cmd.exe /c Compile.Cmd command works without errors. And MSBuild compilation occurs without errors.

3.--
Is it possible that rsvars.bat does not set all the necessary environment variables for MSBuild to work correctly and MSBuild picks up these variables from the higher-level process bds.exe and thus an intersection of versions of the base libraries is formed?

For example, rsvars.bat does not set the environment variables BDSLIB and BDSBIN.