Sign in to follow this  
dlucic

Reconnect TSQLConnection after lost wifi signal

I have a problem when my andoroid device lost wifi and connection broke. I can not reestablished that in ordinary maner. My andorid application have TSQLConnection object that connects to DataSnap server application. Everything works fine until I issue network problem. When wifi temporarly lost connection TSQLConnection also lost connection and I get Socket error #103 when I try to open TClientDataSet and that is OK. When I try it once again it works fine. I supose my application successfuly reconnect and open the query. But when I tryed it for the third time I have Socket error # 104. And again. Once OK another time Socket error #104. There is no problems when wifi connection is stable.
What should I do?

It is better to use a HTTP-/Rest-Server ...

You could easily fill a client dataset on client in this way: On Server you make a Query and then via a provider you load it into a clientdataset. Out of that you can use a command to make XML or JSON of it. That XML/JSON you send (as a result of a get query from client) to the client and with a command you can generate a filled ClientDataSet on Client and work then with that.

The other way, to update the database on server, could be a little bit more complex.

Edited by Olli73

Thank you but you did not understand me. I mada both server DataSnap service and client Android application. Datasnap service has connection to MS SQL Server. This is objects that I used on server side service application :

image.png.fe2a35734b9c742c2f9dca15141f7b25.png       image.png.3b5c94d7264f736611e907ff70fdea7e.png        

On the other side, I have android application that connect's to my DataSnap server service through TSQLConnection and TDSProviderConnection. And everything works fine until I lost my wifi connection in a second. I am trying to find way to recover my android application without restarting it. 

image.png.54abeceebe4cef310f589e7e8b8f1e6e.png

So, my android appllication works fine and when wifi connection broke for a second I receive Socket error #103 when I try to open one of mine TClientDataSet's. If I try it one more time it works fine again. But when I try it for the third time I receive Socket error #104. And that goes in a round (good response, Socket error #104, good response, Socket error #104...) until I restarted my application.