w0wbagger

ICS TFTPServer on C++ Builder 12.2

I was finally able to compile and install ICS 9.3 for C++ Builder 12.2, and while I was able to compile and run the (delphi, .dproj) SslFTPServer demo, when I create a new C++ Builder project and place a TFTPServer (Not an TSslFTPServer) component on the form, I can connect to it using a regular ftp client, but the connection doesn't seem to "Return". That is, I can't enter a subsequent command like USER or PASS. Even though I've compiled the ics library with debug info, I can't seem to debug into overbyteicsftpSrv,pas just OverbyteicsWsockets.pas.  I know there aren't a lot of C++ Builder users here, but I can't think of why something would compile and run with the libs I installed in C++ Builder as a .dproj, I can't build a simple C++ App (literally 1 component on a form). Might anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

The ICS low level debugging in not really designed for protocols, but SSL handling. 

You should add your own logging in the various FTP events, as the Delphi sample does, so you know exactly what stage of the session it stalls.

Angus