ap2021

ICS control list on the palette

I have 2 similar projects, looking at them side by side, both have a TDataModule-descendant form, but ICS control lists offered are very different. One did not have VCL assigned, I did that manually in .DPROJ and restarted IDE. Both have the same Win32 platform. Switching to Win64 greys out some entries, keeping the same long list in the good project, but in the bad project, there are only 4 controls offered under ICS SSL (and one is greys out in x64). Trying to copy the controls from form to form produces an error:

image.png.b0f041cbeeed109c4926b34436d59260.png

Search path is the same in both. Can this be somehow controlled?

Sorry, no idea what are doing here, you will need to clarify your problem. 

I'm not aware of any 'list' of ICS components that is different for Win32/64, they are all Win32 on the palette, and all build for Win64.

Angus

Are you sure both are VCL (or FMX) application?

Does the ICS demos work ?

1 hour ago, ap2021 said:

I did that manually in .DPROJ

That's not a good idea! Only experts could modify .dproj files manually. You must use project options to change the dproj which the IDE create and update for you.

I suggest you delete (or move to a backup directory) all your dpr and dproj files. Then start new empty projects and add your forms and datamodules to the project. Remove the empty form created at the same time as the project, make sure that your mainform is selected as mainform. All that using the IDE only. Do *NOT* change any dpr or dproj file manually. Make sure ICS source and include directories are in the project option for target "All configurations" (Building / Delphi compiler / Search path).