Uwe Raabe

IDE Code Coverage Plugin available

4 hours ago, Berocoder said:

I have been looking for a tool that cover a whole project for Code coverage.

I don't know how others are going to detect code coverage, but I know of AQTime and Nexus Quality Suite (formerly TurboPower Sleuth QA) also have a significant performance drop when too much code is profiled at once.

Given that I have no information of your intentions for code coverage, I can only cite the plugins readme:

The plugin is meant for Test Driven Development (TDD) to control which code parts are covered by tests and which are not.

While the TDD approach lets you write tests before code and implement only what is needed to make the test green, reality often has existing code that needs tests. In that case the workflow is to write a test and add test cases step by step until all code paths are covered. That's where the code coverage plugin can help.

Just curious, can you elaborate how your are planning to use code coverage for almost the whole project at once? What information are you expecting to get from that?

20 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

There seem to be problems with the toolbar buttons in all Delphi versions except Delphi 11. In Delph i 10.4.2 there is even a crash when installing the plugin from the IDE.

These issues should be fixed now. They crept in when I made the necessary changes for the Delphi 11 version. It turns out that having form inheritance for a TDataModule didn't work out well with adding toolbars and actions to the IDE. After I split the images into a separate data module and got rid of the inheritance all worked well as before. Interestingly Delphi 11 didn't suffer from this.

Good that you manage to fix problem with Toolbar :classic_smile:

Just curious, can you elaborate how your are planning to use code coverage for almost the whole project at once? What information are you expecting to get from that?

The big 5 mloc project also have a Testproject. I know only a fraction of code is executed in testproject.
So I am curious how much. 0.1, 3 or 10 % of all code ?

But I also understand now it is technically challenging to get a code coverage of whole project.

Reading https://github.com/magicmonty/delphi-code-coverage/blob/master/CodeCoverage/BreakPoint.pas now
It use opcode $CC Is it the same kind of breakpoint you use ?

Could be there is no silverbullet to get full code coverage without major speed penalty :classic_smile: