AllanF

OverbyteIcsSslFtpTst not connecting

Hi ,

I am not able to connect to a SSL site with OverbyteIcsSslFtpTst.exe whereas with FileZilla it connects.

'Test.Rebex.Net'  allows us to test SSL FTP site.  OverbyteIcsSslFtpTst.exe  connects to the non-SSL  site and gives me directory list, whereas with SSL it does not connect. I have copied libcrypto-1_1 and libssl-1_1 in Exe folder too.

I have compiled with Delphi Seattle.

With SSL port 990

Executing Requested Command
! Init SSL failed Access violation at address 0062E467 in module 'OverbyteIcsSslFtpTst.exe'. Read of address 00000040
Session Closed, error = 0
Request 12 Done.
StatusCode = 550
LastResponse was : '550 Access violation at address 0062E467 in module 'OverbyteIcsSslFtpTst.exe'. Read of address 00000040'
Error = 550 (550 Access violation at address 0062E467 in module 'OverbyteIcsSslFtpTst.exe'. Read of address 00000040)
Command Failure

Without SSL port 21

Executing Requested Command
< 220 Microsoft FTP Service
Session Connected, error = 0
> USER demo
< 331 Password required for demo.
> PASS password
< 230 User logged in.
> CWD /
< 250 CWD command successful.
> PASV
< 227 Entering Passive Mode (195,144,107,198,4,9).
! Passive connection requested to: 195.144.107.198:1033, control channel: 195.144.107.198
> NLST *.*
< 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection.
< 226 Transfer complete.
! 12bytes received/sent in 203 milliseconds
> QUIT
< 221 Goodbye.
Session Closed, error = 0
Request 12 Done.
StatusCode = 226
LastResponse was : '226 Transfer complete.'
No error
Command Success

Edited by AllanF

Very unusual to see access violations with OpenSSL, most likely mismatched DLLs or a very old version of ICS and a newer OpenSSL.  Certainly nothing wrong with the components, use SSL all the time.  What about other ICS SSL samples, so they all fail as well? 

Angus

I copied the latest dlls then too same issue. Do I have to have any of these PEM files ,certificates etc ?   The other SSL (Explicit)  too fails

SSL clients don't need certificates.  Are the DLLs in the same directory as the application, if not you may be opened rubbish from elsewhere on the PC. 

And try other samples, to see if just one failing, specifically try  OverbyteIcsXferTst.dp which is a far more advanced FTP client with better error handling.

Angus

DLLs are in the same directory as the application.

OverbyteIcsXferTst works fine !!

Will check and get back if necessary.