PeterPanettone

Strange behavior when restoring Delphi v10.3.3 IDE window from MINIMIZED window state

This is how my Delphi v10.3.3 IDE window normally looks:

image.thumb.png.e5151f29e7a68263567ba11209e483ef.png

But MANY TIMES, when I restore the IDE window from MINIMIZED window state (by clicking on the Delphi icon on the Windows Taskbar) there is a substantial vertical GAP between the MainMenu/Toolbar area and the main panels area:

image.thumb.png.e32f07cc39ed8be45f412ee7487216c9.png

I then double-click twice on the IDE window title-bar to restore the usual IDE layout.

For testing, I have disabled all my IDE plugins to exclude any possible influence from such a plugin.

Has anybody ever experienced this annoying effect?

10 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

What is your screen resolution?

Mine is currently 1920x1074, but changing it does not make any difference for me; the behaviour is still the same.

11 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Mine is currently 1920x1074, but changing it does not make any difference for me; the behaviour is still the same.

Do you also have an unusual WAITING TIME of about 2 - 3 seconds when restoring the IDE window from minimized state?

Edited by PeterPanettone

32 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

Do you also have an unusual WAITING TIME of about 2 - 3 seconds when restoring the IDE window from minimized state?

Nothing so unusual: it takes less than a second.

Yes, I noticed this problem too. Usually just a clic on the toolbar restore the vertical space.

And NO, I don't have lag-time restoring the window from minimized.

More, I have a problem of messed up toolbars when going from desinger to code view, but not always.

MessedUpToolbarD10.3.3.png

My resolution is 2560x1440.

Edited by Silver Black
  • Like 1