Sign in to follow this  
Eric58

MacOS debugging: "Invalid process during debug session"

Previously I had no problem debugging my OSX64 program over PAServer from Windows 10 running under VMWare.

However, after I installed Homebrew and MacPort (these are tool installers), and used brew to install some tools on my Mac, any attempt to start debugging causes this error message to pop up immediately after the Deploying/Signing phase:

ErrorMsg.thumb.png.658a453c2972e966098f62d06ae30650.png

If I turn off Integrated Debugging via Tools/Options/Debugger, then I can deploy and run the program, but of course I wouldn’t be able to debug.

So it seems that I have somehow screwed up the ability of the toolchain to invoke the macOS debugger.

Does anyone know how to repair the problem?  

My environment:

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, with Xcode 11.3.1

RAD Studio 10.4

Issue resolved.  The cause of my problem is this:

Myxcode-select command-line tool was not pointing to my main Xcode installation folder.

This must have happened when I used brew to download the latest Xcode command line tools, and brew then set xcode-selectto point to a different path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools).  

I repaired this by issuing this command at the terminal, following the instruction from http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/SDK_Manager#Troubleshooting_.28macOS_and_iOS.29

sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
  • Like 2

I just had this exact same problem today, did a search, found your post and answer and joined this forum just to say THANK YOU for posting both the question and the answer. 

I had updated xcode to try and deploy to an iPhone but the iMac I was using was too old and ran into incompatibility problems.  In the course of downloading an older xcode and trying to update libraries, I think it got stuck into the wrong directory and I was unsure what I did.  Seeing your post made everything clear and fixed it immediately.

Thanks again!

David.

Edited by corneliusdavid
  • Like 1