Vincent Parrett

DPM Package Manager - Progress update

Hi All

For those who are interested, I have made some progress on this project, and have uploaded an installer with the command line tool and IDE plugins for XE2-10.4 - it's still very much an alpha version (not feature complete or stable) but at least shows the direction I'm heading in.

I have added some quick notes on how to get started with dpm 

https://github.com/DelphiPackageManager/DPM/blob/master/GettingStarted.md

The installer can be found here https://github.com/DelphiPackageManager/DPM

The IDE plugin is still a bit rough around the edges but reasonably stable.  Note that installing design time packages is still being worked on. 

dpm-ide-10.3.3-screenshot.thumb.png.38b9b54187cd0527939bd5f856d8b257.png

Most of my open source projects have package binaries under the releases tab (the getting started notes show what to do with them). 

It's still some way from being ready for production use, we are still working on a website/package repository. If you are a library author, please do take a look. Creating packages is not at all difficult.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi Vincent,

That's excellent. I just could not find enough time to keep contributing as I'd wish, but I'm still interested in your project. Design-time packages is a must for me though, since almost all my libraries install design-time tools in the IDE. 

Looking forward to how DPM will solve it.

1 hour ago, Wagner Landgraf said:

Hi Vincent,

That's excellent. I just could not find enough time to keep contributing as I'd wish, but I'm still interested in your project. Design-time packages is a must for me though, since almost all my libraries install design-time tools in the IDE. 

Looking forward to how DPM will solve it.

Hi Wagner

I'm working towards the design time support, it will take a while but I'll get there eventually. Once I have it working I'll email you again and we can see how it will work with your products. 

• Like 1