balabuev

Strange mouse scroll-bars behavior

I've encountered the following strange behavior of the mouse processing.

Child controls are standard TScrollBox and TStringGrid controls. In this case:

- Pressing mouse button over some specific region of a child control's client area magically treated as a mouse event over the scroll-bar. Mouse-down messages are not dispatched to the control in this case.

- Clicking on the client area (of the same control) outside of mentioned specific region works normally.

- At the same time clicking on scroll-bars also works normally.

I've highlighted these inplicit magic regions on the following screenshot. They looks like scroll-bars, shifted some distance to the top:

image.thumb.png.5c50bfe9f9ed354cb76f4aaf4b01ef72.png

I see such strange behavior for the first time ever. And its interesting, what potentially I should do from WinAPI viewpoint to get such strange offset?

Could you show a minimal reproducible example of the behavior you observe? Publish the .pas and .dfm so that we can easily check if we reproduce the behavior here.

Edited by FPiette

I thought that the reason may be somewhere inside the docking controls code, but, amazingly, I was able to reproduce the issue with simple standard controls. The project is attached:

- Run the project

- Press Button1, which will create the second borderless form

- Press Button2, which will shift the form down slightly.

- Try to press mouse button and drag to the right, as shown in attached video:

Demo project sources:

102.rar

I've checked on Delphi 7 :classic_biggrin:, Delphi 2010, Delphi XE, Delphi XE2, Delphi 10.4.1 - everywhere I've encountered this issue. I think it's more probably an issue of the current Windows build, but I may be wrong.

My Windows build: 18363.1316

Edited by balabuev