Vincent Parrett

r3451 build error

"I:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx104Sydney\GExpertsRS104.dproj" (rebuild target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) ->
  I:\GExperts\Source\UsesExpert\GX_UsesExpert.pas(374): error F2613: Unit 'GX_StringGridDrawFix' not found. [I:\GExpert
s\Projects\DelphiXx104Sydney\GExpertsRS104.dproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

The unit is there, I added it to the project and was able to build.

This build seems to have fixed the assertion error I was seeing during shutdown 😉

• Like 2

Hi,

This unit you find under \source\Utils

You must add this path to the search path.

You can edit the

GExpertsRS104.dproj

And there you must add to  <DCC_UnitSearchPath>. 

the following path  ;..\..\source\Utils;$

then you can compile it again

Torsten

I know how to make it compile, just pointing out that the project no longer compiles as checked out from svn (it usually does). 

7 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

This build seems to have fixed the assertion error I was seeing during shutdown

That's just coincidence. The changes only applied to forms using TStringgrid with custom drawing and an error that occurred when registering GExperts via rundll32. All those only apply to the Delphi 10.4 version, that's why I didn't try to compile other versions and overlooked the missing unit.

Edited by dummzeuch

13 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

That's just coincidence.

That's correct. I suspect that error was actually caused by having FixInsight installed. After removing it I no longer see the error.. I forgot that I removed it!  

10 minutes ago, Vincent Parrett said:

I suspect that error was actually caused by having FixInsight installed. After removing it I no longer see the error.. I forgot that I removed it!  

I'm afraid even that is probably just coincidence. I also get this error once in a while. Unfortunately I was never able to find the actual cause. The assertion message is just a side effect. The issue is that the resources that assertion checks for, are not freed. The easiest "fix" would be to remove the assertion. Fortunately it only happens when exiting the IDE, so it's mostly a nuisance.

Edited by dummzeuch