zsleo

Intraweb/MS SQL/FireDAC app Azure deployment problem...

Has anyone experienced and or resolved the following issue?

My app is a Delphi 10.4.2 Intraweb/MS SQL/FireDAC app.

I am moving an IW apps into Azure and I am using the Azure load balancer to load balance across two Azure servers.

This application is operating in our production environment in a data center without issue.

I am attempting to deployed it on two Azure server under IIS on Win Server 2019.

I connect to and log in successfully from any computer on our private network.

From the public internet I connect to the IW app and the get the login screen. I enter the log in credentials and on clicking log in I get my "please wait" for a second or so and it never progresses past the log in screen.

My IW app generates the following error:
[FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft]

[SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.

I then have removed one server from the Azure load balancer and there is a single MS SQL Server instance that the app is connected to and the problem persists.

Confused
Help please.

TIA

Looks like an SQL server error. Have you checked that data sent to SQL server is correct? Regarding your error message, it looks like you are sending a text having a

length greater than the declared field size.

I use UniDAC and in such a case I would use DBMonitor to see what queries are send to the server.

I don't know if FireDAC has something like this but from what I know, if I'm not mistaken, you can see failed queries also in Azure.

Thank you all so much!

I forgot all about the tracing functionality!

I knew what the error log was telling me, I just could not find where it was falling over.

I will report the issue to the developer of the library suite I am using.

Thanks again! Problem solved... :classic_cheerleader:

Edited by zsleo