Sign in to follow this  
toneusc

10.4.2: MacOS or iOS - Test Connection succeeds but deployment connection fails

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has guidance on deploying cross-platform application to Mac and iPhone connected to Mac...

I have Delphi 10.4.2 in Windows 10 connected Mac (MacOS 11.2.2) over eathernet running PAServer 12.2.10.3.

Pressing the "Test Connection" button in "Connection Profile Manager" always gives me "Connection to 'MacBook-Pro' on port 64211 succeeded" message.

I can get all the SDK's (iOS 14.4, iOS Simulator 14.4, MacOS 11.1, 20.2) from the the Mac just fine to compile, so I think the connection is valid.

Unfortunately, whenever IDE buttons "Run" or "Run without debugging" are pressed in the Delphi (any build configuration or Apple target and configuration), I cannot get past the deployment section...  The error returned is:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0003 Connection to 'MacBook-Pro' on port 64211 failed

[PAClient Error] Error: E0003 Please make sure that 'Platform Assistant Server' is running on the host machine and is configured to use port 64211

I have searched forums and all the items of the pop-up error solutions page that displays after failure attempts, but I cannot find solution... Before I consume one of my Embarcadero support tickets I was hoping someone here might have suggestions or point me in the right direction for looking for solution.

Thank you.

Follow-up Solution -

Well, after continuing to try different things...  Just changing the "Host name:" in the "Connection Profile Manager" got me past the deploy error.

"Host name" changed from: MacBook-Pro  = This was successful when "Test Connection" button pressed.  Unsuccessful at actual deploy to device.

"Host name" changed to: 10.0.0.207           = This was successful when "Test Connection" button pressed.  Successful at actual deploy to device.

It does not seem like much, but such a simple change was only discovered after hours of searching and trial and error.  So sorry.

Thank you.

• Like 1

In PaServer pressing "i", it shows all available IP-Adresses, I'm afraid not all of them are workable, at least for me in a VM.