Wil van Antwerpen

macOS missing redist OSX64 folder

Hi,

FYI, in case somebody else bumps into this as well.

I think I have seen this before and reported it at the previous delphi forum, which now has disappeared.

Just upgraded to 10.4.2 and when building my project I got this warning:

[dccosx64 Hint] H2596 ld: warning: directory not found for option '-Lc:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\21.0\redist\OSX64'

and sure enough that folder does not exist, also for the record no OSX32 folder under the redist folder.

I only installed windows and macOS, none of the mobile options, so that might be a reason that it is missing (it shouldn't but ok), also

What I did now is to copy the contents of c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\21.0\binosx64 to the redist\OSX64 folder.

Not sure if that's the right thing to do, but it will at the very least fix the warning.

--
Wil

Thanks, I've reverted my workaround and instead used the batch file solution from the first RSP.

FWIW, it created the exact same files in the OSX64 redist folder except for the following files (they are still missing, not sure if that is correct, but somehow I believe the batch file better than my previous guess work)

- bpldbtest.dylib

- bplEMUVCLHelper270.dylib

- bplrtl270.dylib.dSYM

I guess I will find out over time.

Edited by Wil van Antwerpen