Sign in to follow this  
shineworld

Delphi 10.4.1 Update 1 debug slow down application

Hi developers,
I am moving a project from BDS2006 to Sydney.
I have strange behavior when debugging with Sydney, the program slows down a lot, and becomes almost unusable.

In BDS2006 there is no noticeable difference between running a program in debug or without debugging which helps a lot in the development.

In Sydney, this is not the case, and to understand if some changes bring about performance improvements or not, all that remains is to run without debugging and disseminate the log code ... Frustrating.

I am attaching a video that highlights how the behavior changes between the two ways of running a program.

When running in Sydney the system becomes so slow that the thread sending data via TCP / IP to the connected device cannot keep up with the data request. Everything is slowed down and jerky.

Do you have any idea what might go wrong?

PS: During the installation of the IDE I also installed the Parnassus Debugger, doesn't this considerably increase the load in the execution of programs in Debug?
I obviously use a lot of threads but not a lot to bring the process to its knees.
As you can see, when it is not debugged, the CPU used by the program aligns itself on 1-2%.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

https://youtu.be/eLTVhPkn0NA