Stano

Format uses clause

49 minutes ago, TheDelphiCoder said:

This does NOT work for the Forms unit, it should become Vcl.Forms (in a VCL project, of course)!

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce here. Can you give an example for such a uses clause, please?

To be honest, I doubt that there is some wrong with the code. The algorithm tries to find a unit (like Sysutils or Forms) in the search path. If not found, it tries each entry in the Unit Scope Names.

That doesn't rule out any uncommon uses clause, so I would like to see an example showing that problem.

Here is an example:

uses
  Forms, Graphics,
  Vcl.Menus, Vcl.StdCtrls, Vcl.ExtCtrls, Vcl.Controls, System.Classes, Dialogs, Windows, SysUtils;

becomes

uses
  System.Classes, System.SysUtils,
  Winapi.Windows,
  Vcl.Graphics, Vcl.Menus, Vcl.StdCtrls, Vcl.ExtCtrls, Vcl.Controls, Vcl.Dialogs,
  Forms;

Use clause sorting is

System.Win;System;WinApi;Data;IBX;id*;Vcl

"Group and sort uses" is checked in the options

I copied the uses clause as well as the group/sort-order from your post into a fresh VCL forms unit and this is what I get:

uses
  System.Classes, System.SysUtils,
  Vcl.Forms, Vcl.Graphics, Vcl.Menus, Vcl.StdCtrls, Vcl.ExtCtrls, Vcl.Controls, Vcl.Dialogs,
  Winapi.Windows;

I can confirm it works as intended in a new project! 👍

Do you have any ideas what could cause the behaviour I'm expieriencing in my project?

1 hour ago, TheDelphiCoder said:

Do you have any ideas what could cause the behaviour I'm expieriencing in my project?

Is that with all units of that project or only with some of them?

Anyway, the implementation is quite similar to my command line tool UsesCleaner. If you are curious and the problem persists with that you can debug it yourself without giving away your project sources.

7 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Is that with all units of that project or only with some of them?

Only unit Forms is affected.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a closer look what is going on there!

26 minutes ago, TheDelphiCoder said:

Only unit Forms is affected.

Can you check if you have some file named Forms.pas or Forms.dcu anywhere in your search paths?

9 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Can you check if you have some file named Forms.pas or Forms.dcu anywhere in your search paths?

A quick search revealed indeed a unit Forms.pas in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\CnPack\CnWizards\PSDecl\ !

But this this path seems not be included in the PATH nor the library path nor the search paths (global and project).

I found out what caused that issue! 🎉

The unit was declared only as "Forms" (not "Vcl.Forms") in the dpr file. As soon as I changed it to its fully qualified name there, the Vcl prefix got added to the Forms entry in another units uses clause when formatting it with MMX!