PeterPanettone

How to ADD CodeLibrarian snippets database?

How can I ADD the snippets from the downloaded CodeLibrarian.fs database (344 KB) to my existing CodeLibrarian snippets (188 KB) without erasing my existing snippets? There seems to be no IMPORT feature in the CodeLibrarian?

There is no way to import snippets or merge two .fs files. The file type is binary, so it's not even possible to merge them manually with an editor as it would be possible with a text based file.

I guess an export and import functionality would be nice, but I doubt that I will implement it any time soon. But feel free to add a feature request on SourceForge.

16 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

There is no way to import snippets or merge two .fs files. The file type is binary, so it's not even possible to merge them manually with an editor as it would be possible with a text based file.

I guess an export and import functionality would be nice, but I doubt that I will implement it any time soon. But feel free to add a feature request on SourceForge.

Done:

https://sourceforge.net/p/gexperts/feature-requests/148/

What kind of Database format does the *.fs file use?

It is a GPStructuredStorage file written by @Primož Gabrijelčič. The implementation is in unit GPStructuredStorage located in externalsource.

If I remember correctly this expert originally used some kind of database but since the Delphi personal editions didn't support databases at some time it was changed to this free format supported by all Delphi versions and variants. No idea whether Primoz was actually involved in this or just contributed the format and implementation.