ChrisChuah

Indy 9.0.18 on Delphi 6. Where can i get 9.0.50?

Hi

Currently i need to go back to maintain my source code written 10 years ago.

when i tried to run IdHTTP.Head function, sometimes it would hang there and this caused my thread to hang there.

What can i solve this "hanging" problem?

Where can i download the latest Indy 9 (9.0.50) or Can i download Indy 10 to work with Delphi 6?

please help

regards

chris

thank you very much.

I will try out the indy 9 first as currently i am still using 9.0.18

somehow the idHTTP.Head is causing my thread to hang and my app also hang as well

not sure why

any ideas?

regards

chris

14 hours ago, ChrisChuah said:

somehow the idHTTP.Head is causing my thread to hang and my app also hang as well

not sure why

any ideas?

There is no way to answer that without seeing your actual code, and a trace of the underlying HTTP traffic.  But the fact that your whole app hangs suggests that either you are not using threading correctly, or your main UI thread is waiting on the HTTP thread when it shouldn't be.

On 8/1/2021 at 9:11 PM, mjustin said:

Indy 9.0.50 can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy9

Indy 10.6.2 works with Delphi 6 and can be downloaded here:

https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy <== Downloaded the package from here

Hi

I tried to install Indy 10.6.2 into Delphi 6.

First I would need to recompile the CompUtils.dpr under delphi 6 running in Windows XP as i think the CompUtils.exe is not meant for Win XP.

After compiling that into CompUtils.exe, i run the fulld_6.bat in terminal mode

Once that has been done,

Open the Delphi 6 and compile the package IndyCore60.dpk.  When i tried to install it, it prompted me "Cannot load package IndySystem60. It contains unit IdWinSock2 which is also contained in Package Indy60."

Then i recompile and install dclIndyCore60.dpk and it came out the same message. "Cannot load package IndySystem60. It contains unit IdWinSock2 which is also contained in package Indy60

Then i recompile and install IndySystem60.dpk and another message "Cannot load IndySystem60. It contains unit IdGlobal which is also contained in package Indy60.

Where is Indy60 package?

I tried to look for it but cant find it.

please advise

regards

chris

1 hour ago, ChrisChuah said:

Hi

First I would need to recompile the CompUtils.dpr under delphi 6 running in Windows XP as i think the CompUtils.exe is not meant for Win XP.

After compiling that into CompUtils.exe, i run the fulld_6.bat in terminal mode

Once that has been done,

Open the Delphi 6 and compile the package IndyCore60.dpk.  When i tried to install it, it prompted me "Cannot load package IndySystem60. It contains unit IdWinSock2 which is also contained in Package Indy60."

Then i recompile and install dclIndyCore60.dpk and it came out the same message. "Cannot load package IndySystem60. It contains unit IdWinSock2 which is also contained in package Indy60

Then i recompile and install IndySystem60.dpk and another message "Cannot load IndySystem60. It contains unit IdGlobal which is also contained in package Indy60.

Where is Indy60 package?

I tried to look for it but cant find it.

please advise

regards

chris

Finally managed to install Indy 10 on Delphi 6.

I need to remove the indy60.bpl files from c:\windows\system32 as well as c:\program files\borland\delphi6\projects\bpl

also remove all the indy*.bpl from those 2 directories and install the delphi 10 dpk file

seems like need to install packages from different directories as compared to Indy9

Install the design package from Core then Protocol directory. 

Is this correct?

regards

chris

Edited by ChrisChuah

23 hours ago, ChrisChuah said:

Be sure to read https://github.com/IndySockets/Indy/wiki/Updating-Indy (though, it doesn't appear to cover how to uninstall Indy 9, so you'll have to work that out for yourself).

Is there a problem with it? Can you be more specific?

If you have recompiled Computil.exe and it works on XP as well as up to Win11, then can you send it to me so I can check it back into Indy's GitHub repo? Thanks.

Open the Delphi 6 and compile the package IndyCore60.dpk.

Make sure you compile IndySystem60.dpk first.

When i tried to install it, it prompted me "Cannot load package IndySystem60. It contains unit IdWinSock2 which is also contained in Package Indy60."

You need to uninstall the earlier Indy from the IDE before you can install Indy 10.

Same issue.

Same issue.

Where is Indy60 package?

That is the Indy package that came pre-installed in the IDE.  You should be able to find it in the IDE's "Install Packages" dialog.

22 hours ago, ChrisChuah said:

Finally managed to install Indy 10 on Delphi 6.

Yeah!

I need to remove the indy60.bpl files from c:\windows\system32 as well as c:\program files\borland\delphi6\projects\bpl

also remove all the indy*.bpl from those 2 directories and install the delphi 10 dpk file

Sounds about right.

seems like need to install packages from different directories as compared to Indy9

Indy 10 has a different directory structure than Indy 9, yes.  This will be cleaned up in Indy 11.

Install the design package from Core then Protocol directory. 

Is this correct?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ChrisChuah said:

attached is the Computil which i compiled under Delphi 6 in win XP.

Thanks, I have checked it in.