TimCruise

Question about installing Skia on RAD Studio Community v10.4

Dear RAD Studio Experts,

I try to install  Skia on RAD Studio Community v10.4 but the dialogue (attachment) shows that my version of RAD Studio Community v10.4 has no support for iOS, MacOS and Linux!  Indeed, I did choose iOS, MacOS and Linux support when I installed RAD Studio Community v10.4.

So how do I correct it?  :classic_huh:

noioslinux.png.cc8709c4cfc6dbe797b6b33477bc261a.png

@TimCruise

The installer automatically detects the platforms installed in your RAD Studio. Platforms that are disabled are those that have not yet configured the SDK in your IDE.

Install the SDK of the platform you want on your delphi and then reinstall Skia4Delphi.

There is no Apple SDK for Windows OS.  :classic_huh:

RAD Studio is not so great if we cannot develop iOS applications on Windows.

Edited by TimCruise

@TimCruise 

There is but you need a macOS to install the SDK in your RAD Studio. It's even possible to run macOS on windows with VMWare, but that's probably illegal.

Anyway, with the SDK installed you'll only be able to compile, the simulator doesn't work, you'll have to have an iPhone too.

Without the SDK, you won't even be able to compile a blank project for the platform you want.

About the Skia4Delphi installer, basically it checks if it is possible to compile for the platform, so if your delphi is really ready to compile for the platform, then yes it will appear available to be selected in its installation.

Edited by vfbb

I see.  I have to set up at least a VM or physical Mac OS; and then connect to them from within RAD Studio!  :classic_biggrin:

And now, I am still facing these 2 errors after I have installed Skia from within RAD Studio.  How do I correct them?  :classic_huh:

skiaerror2.png.4d52c860f278264d43d74d8a34d7bb11.pngskiaerror1.png.e0f864666dd63a4c770ccfa5ed389845.png

22 minutes ago, TimCruise said:

And now, I am still facing these 2 errors after I have installed Skia from within RAD Studio.  How do I correct them?  :classic_huh:

skiaerror2.png.4d52c860f278264d43d74d8a34d7bb11.pngskiaerror1.png.e0f864666dd63a4c770ccfa5ed389845.png

Now that's a mistake. Probably the folder you are installing requires administrator permission and you have not run the installer as an administrator.

The solution in this case is to uninstall and install in the default folder that the installer suggests (does not require admin permission).

At last, I have spent 2 days to install OSY v10.12 on AMD!

I then installed the RAD Studio's Platform Assistant Manager on OSY!  It is a big success!

RAD Studio connected to my OSY VM and installed sdk automatically!  COOL!

So what is next?  :classic_biggrin:

Just reinstall the Skia4Delphi and the new platform will be available at installation.

On 12/9/2021 at 12:14 AM, TimCruise said:

These 2 errors are bugs!  It cannot be repaired after many times reinstallations!

Any official response and fixes?  :classic_blush:

39 minutes ago, TimCruise said:

I partially solve it.

I deselect the Win32 option and there is no more error. :classic_blush:

Very strange. If you find any problems during use, open an issue so we can investigate further.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:29 AM, vfbb said:

Very strange. If you find any problems during use, open an issue so we can investigate further.

Hello vfbb,

Are you the author?  okay.  Thanks.  :classic_smile:

I even do not see this Skia menu item:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/viniciusfbb/skia4delphi/main/Assets/Documents/enabling_project_dark.png

Edited by TimCruise

8 hours ago, TimCruise said:

Are you the author?

Yes, my brother and I are the authors.

8 hours ago, TimCruise said:

Right. I suspect that some unsuccessful install is hampering new installs, but I need more information:

1) Did you install only using installer (Skia4Delphi_2.0.1_Setup.exe) or did you try another method (GetIt or manual)?

2) Was there an error during an installation? If so, do you still have the Build.Logs.txt that is generated in the folder you installed skia4delphi in?

3) Access RegEdit.exe, and take a screenshot of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\Known Packages" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\Disabled Packages".

I have tried both stand-alone executable Skia4Delphi_2.0.1_Setup.exe; and from within RAD Studio by GetIt.

Both fail to work and errors dialogues shown as in post above.

There is no Build.Logs.txt left behind.

Let me check the regedit.

3 hours ago, vfbb said:

3) Access RegEdit.exe, and take a screenshot of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\Known Packages" and "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\Disabled Packages".

No skia entry shown in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\Known Packages"

Inside "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\Disabled Packages", there is 2 lines matching my errors shown above:

skia.reg

@TimCruise You will have to remove these two registries and reinstall skia4delphi. But to be sure, follow the steps:

1) Uninstall via GetIt (if you haven't already)

2) With your RAD Studio closed, delete these two skia records in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\Disabled Packages"

3) Go to Windows Configurations > Applications > search for Skia4Delphi (if found, uninstall it with your RAD Studio closed).

4) Check if the file "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Skia4Delphi\unins000.exe" exists, if so, run it to uninstall.

5) Install the Skia4Delphi running the "Skia4Delphi_2.0.1_Setup.exe", because some uses have reported problems using out GetIt package in Sydney. In setup's platforms screen, select just the platforms that your IDE is already to compile.

6) After installation, try to run our sample "skia4delphi\Samples\Basic\FMX\Skia4Delphi_Basic.dproj"

Nothing has changed!

I think the problem is not the PATH!  The problem is - I cannot find any bpl file inside skia4delphi folder!  Your installer only installs the sources!  :classic_blink:

Please repackage and release a fix.

What files have in your folder "Skia4Delphi\Library\Delphi10Sydney\Win32\Release\", after installation?

41 minutes ago, vfbb said:

What files have in your folder "Skia4Delphi\Library\Delphi10Sydney\Win32\Release\", after installation?

Absolutely nothing :classic_sad:

skianothing.thumb.png.1c5efc3d9ddaf146c6b87b82ec04f186.png

Ok. In the previous folder also does not have any files? "Skia4Delphi\Library\Delphi10Sydney\Win32\Release\"

If you don't have any files either, check your rsvars.bat, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin\rsvars.bat", if it contains the same content:

@SET BDS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0
@SET BDSINCLUDE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\include
@SET BDSCOMMONDIR=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0
@SET FrameworkDir=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
@SET FrameworkVersion=v4.5
@SET FrameworkSDKDir=
@SET PATH=%FrameworkDir%;%FrameworkSDKDir%;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\cmake;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\InterBase\redist\InterBaseXE7\IDE_spoof;%PATH%
@SET LANGDIR=EN
@SET PLATFORM=
@SET PlatformSDK=

ok. Here is mine's content:

@SET BDS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0
@SET BDSINCLUDE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\include
@SET BDSCOMMONDIR=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0
@SET FrameworkDir=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
@SET FrameworkVersion=v4.5
@SET FrameworkSDKDir=
@SET PATH=%FrameworkDir%;%FrameworkSDKDir%;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\cmake;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\InterBase\redist\InterBaseXE7\IDE_spoof;%PATH%
@SET LANGDIR=EN
@SET PLATFORM=
@SET PlatformSDK=

"Skia4Delphi\Library\Delphi10Sydney\Win32\Release\"  only contains empty folder \bpl\

Edited by TimCruise

I got in done!

You have skipped a step which is required.

After the installation of source files, I have to open the correct groupproj and build it.  Then, install sub-projects with a bar on it.  DONE!!!  :classic_cheerleader: