ChrisJ

What happened to Sisulizer?

We have been using Sisulizer localization tools many years. Recently I have noticed that their website is down and even the emails don’t go through. Does anybody know what is going on?

Bad news: It appears that Markus Kreisel, who wrote Sisulizer, has died.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210121010025/https://www.sisulizer.net/forum7/4079.html

Posted Thu Dec 24th, 2020 11:54 pm by Harald Krause

We also need to decide soon what we will do with Sisulizer and so I searched around and found this:
https://monks37.de/markus-kreisel-ist-tot/

Which shows that the main developer and CEO of Sisulizer died in February this year. Which explains that there is no answers to any of the posts or your questions, the forum seems now to be not moderated anymore and a target of spammers.

The link leads to an obituary written by Renate Reinartz, his wife and co-owner of Sisulizer.  I can't find any activity online from her since then.

Not on her LinkedIn account either.

Markus Kreisel is dead

With a heavy heart, I have to inform you that my partner and significant other Markus Kreisel died unexpectedly in my arms on February 24th, 2020.

Markus and me

We have lived and worked together since we graduated. He was the loveliest person I got to know. We laughed a lot together and sometimes ripped apart. Together we have achieved a lot, founded a few companies and lived a very privileged life for many years. Because we had each other and were allowed to work together on projects that we enjoyed. We have turned a hobby into a profession more than once, often reinventing ourselves.

In Monschau

We have spent the last 10 years in our half-timbered house in Monschau. A place and its inhabitants have quickly become dear to our hearts. Here Markus really lived his creativity again. Anyone who walks through Monschau with a seeing eye will recognize their creations on every corner, on notices, displays, business cards, menus, flyers and on many websites. Although he didn't socialize very often, many knew him through social media and the facebook group “You are from Monschau, if ...”. He's sure to be amazed at how many people miss him.

Who was Markus

Markus was almost always online, trained in a variety of ways and continuously. He was gifted with talent. In my opinion he is still the best Visual Basic 6 developer in the world and I got to know a few.

His willingness to help has distinguished him and he was happy to use his numerous talents for the Monschauer. Be it for the fire brigade's fire brigade, the Montjoie music association or for numerous regional bands.

Music was his biggest hobby of all. He loved surround music and Japanese pop music. And crime stories with investigators. And on Sundays, Tatort was a must. In addition to the great multi-pieces from Scandinavia.

What remains

Markus asked for an anonymous burial at sea. His urnwill be in the next few weeks - if Corona allows it - was released on March 13th in the Baltic Sea (in the middle of the Bay of Lübeck).

If Corona lets us out of our clutches, I'll have a party in our house. With Markus Musik. Anyone who liked him is welcome. Provided he brings his funny memories of Markus with him. An anti-memorial service. He wouldn't have wanted anything else.

I will keep you up to date.

Renate

• Sad 2

Lars, thank you for your post. It is indeed sad that Markus died. I want to correct one thing in your post. I founded Sisulizer with my brother, Markus and Renate. I wrote the application with my brother (in Delphi, of course). Markus and Renate handled the sales. We shared the support. About a ten years ago I left Sisulizer. I wanted to create a new and better localization tool that would be better suited for IT world heading to the cloud. I did not want to make a cloud only solution like MemSource and Crowdin. Instead wanted to make a hybrid solution that combines the best part of desktop tool and a cloud tool. So I wrote Soluling. The desktop part of that works like Sisulizer. It means you select a file, Soluling scans it, you translate or you let somebody else to translate, and finally Soluling build the localized files. Compared to Sisulizer, Soluling has the following improvements:

• The app itself is also provided as 64-bit
  • Modern Office style ribbon UI
  • The visual editors use real components. In Sisulizer they were emulated. This means that the translator will see the forms just as they appear in Delphi IDE. In .NET they use the real .NET components.
  • Interactive translation memory with fuzzy matching and an interactive termbase. Sisulizer was loved by developers but not that much liked by translators because TM and TB were missing
  • Support for 6 machine translation engines: Google, Microsoft. Amazon, IBM, DeepL and ModernMT
  • More that 100 supported file formats including Delphi 11 Alexandria, .NET 6.0, Angular, React, Vue, DITA, Android, iOS and databases
  • Command line version, SoluMake.exe , that can be used in build servers and even cloud based DevOps build processes
  • Automatic conversion from Sisulizer's .slp to Soluling's .ntp. It generally takes a less than a day to switch from Sisulizer to Soluling.
  • Soluling comes with open source I18N library that brings a nice grammatical number (plural) and grammatical gender (male/female) support for Delphi and .NET.

Sisulizer customers get a discount.

Soluling's desktop and command line apps are written in Delphi.

Next year we start rolling out the cloud parts that let you push your projects to the cloud where the translators can get them and use either Soluling's desktop app or a browser app.

Edited by Jaska
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1